Masks

Shirt woot should release mouth and nose cover masks with their smart designs.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks, I was thinking as a option on any shirt design for a while, but I like this too.

2 Likes

It’s too bad that Woot isn’t based in Texas, they would be get quite the reprimanding from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton for their price gouging on their lame overpriced face masks.

$20 for 1 face mask that cost them $0.10 to make (probably less considering they have some child sweatshop in china construct these horrendous things).

What’s even more hilarious is that the masks are not for medical use, so they’re essentially useless. They couldn’t even protect your sinuses from a fart,

It’s actually a pack of two masks, and the text says “made in USA or imported” so they might not be made in China. I would suggest asking before making assumptions.

As for the “not for medical use” disclaimer. I’m sure that’s a legal thing that anyone selling cloth face masks should state.

2 Likes

Of course they protect you, just not a lot. More than anything, they protect others. No, they’re not medical N95 or N100 so you shouldn’t go charging face first into a cloud of spores and take a deep breath.

Time for my favorite instructional diagram!

8 Likes

I agree that the price is a bit high, but considering the super limited availability of cool/funny fabric at the moment with people making their own fabric (non medical use) masks. I’m not nearly as upset about it. You could always not buy.

I’d be interested in buying some of the fabric to make my own masks. It’s nice when you can make strangers smile as you head nod when walking past them.

1 Like

You can’t price gouge for things that are readily available. And cloth masks are readily available.

Cloth masks, not counting the “disposable cloth masks” (wtf, seriously) sold by Target in a big bag, are generally selling for $5-$8, I’ve found. That’s for the normal one that expands to cover with cotton fabric. At $9 each for a different fabric type and pattern, they’re comparable.

One piece ones, like these, tend to run higher. My biggest concern is the fabric, as a polyester/spandex may have some moisture retention, but I figured I’d give it a run as the fabric is fun.

It’s a fact of life that we’re going to want to wear a mask for the foreseeable future, like Japan has for a decade. Hopefully these will work.

Here’s a list of stores selling masks, with costs from Slickdeals. These are pretty average priced.

1 Like

I ordered the ones Old Navy is selling- they just shipped. $25 for 10 cotton masks. Seemed like a good deal to me.

I think the determining factor would be how dense the fabric is. If it’s dense fabric like quilter’s cotton, then that’s a good deal.

1 Like

They definitely won’t be as cool as Woot’s.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about getting a Baby Shark mask for RD.

2 Likes

Doo do do do do

That’s my hand washing song.

2 Likes

That figures. Do you want a mask, too? Seriously, do you?

@katblue

Hypothetical question:

What would your reaction most likely be if somebody were to get this one for you? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hypothetically speaking, I’d wear it. Do you want one? I’d get it for you.

1 Like

Thank you, but it wouldn’t really fly where I live.

(Not that I would care.)

2 Likes

As long as you wear it with this shirt:

1 Like