Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill

Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill

if you have a sams club near you the one thats a little larger is only 149.99 right now

I can’t comment on the quality of the brand, but I will say I have Traeger’s smallest pellet smoker (slightly bigger than this one) and I use it A TON. It’s so easy and produces such consistently good results. I will say, though, that there are times I wish mine was bigger. Mostly when I’m cooking for a bigger group and want to do a large pork shoulder or bigger brisket. I would say at a minimum, you should be able to fit a standard size cookie sheet inside. That’s what I usually use for a water tray, which is essential as a temperature buffer for these pellet grills because it’s not uncommon for the fire to go out causing the cup to load up with pellets before it reignites, causing a temporary spike in temp.

1 Like

Anyone know the dimensions of the grill grate? If 360 sq. in. is the area, is it about 18" x 18"?

Found this on the Amazon Q&A:

Question:
what are the dimensions for the actual cooking space/grate of the grill length, width? not the size of the grill please and not the square area!!
Answer:
15 1/2in X 18 1/2in

Obviously this doesn’t align with what they’re saying for total sq. in., but fwiw, I’d guess with numbers that specific, he probably measured.

A couple of other people have asked the same and had Masterbuilt give the answer, but they only ever give the answer in sq in. What a useless number to give as a spec, especially when the people are explicitly asking for L x W.

1 Like

Confirmed and thank you. We’ve added this to the features.

1 Like

I would guess that includes area of the top rack. Since it’s a smoker, it’s at least somewhat useful compared to the top rack of a grill.