Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill

Hey, nice try! Still no answer about the 'True Pellet smoker? Who’s soft now?

I’ve been to plenty of cook’s meetings. Frankly, I don’t care what others say about my pellet grill, or for that matter, my kamado, stickburner, drumsmoker, or electric smoker. Lots of losers complain about those who beat them by ‘cheating.’ Happens in politics, sports, and, yes, even BBQ.

And if the pellet grill produced inferior product, I’m not sure why others at the cooks meeting would grumble about their competition using it. Hell, if it was so bad, I’d want my competition using it! Hmmm.

So which is it? Does it: A. Produce meat that’s not as flavorful as other smokers (in which case, who cares if someone else at the competition uses it)? or B. Produce such wonderfully flavored food in such an easy manner that it should be considered cheating? Ya can’t have both.

4 Likes

Congrats on the sex

1 Like

You know what I mean about low and high end pellet smokers, Mr Whipple. Heat retention on the bottom end units is garbage. If you struggle with comprehension, I can’t help.

PRICE DROP!!!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

1 Like

Tsk…tsk…tsk…sounds like someone needs a time out. Maybe you should fire up that propane grill of yours and imagine that you are smoking chopped steak (call it brisket). Hint if you keep it on for an hour or two, it will generate plenty of smoke. Enjoy, Mr. Wizard.

2 Likes

Cute, name calling now. You can tell when one has reached the end of their ability to keep up in an argument when they resort to ad hominem attacks. I may not be smart, but I can hold my own sticking to facts and years of experience in BBQ. If you can’t, feel free to drop a few more names on me, sticks and stones, ya know?

I use a ‘bottom end’ pellet smoker (along with rest of my fleet). Is the steel as thick as a Yoder, nope. Is the heat retention ‘garbage,’ nope. I got 1100 sq. in. of pellet grill for $200 on a closeout, to get that in a Yoder, you’re looking at $1,700. The Yoder is fantastic, but to me, not $1,500 more fantastic. It literally does the EXACT SAME THING. The Yoder might use a few less pellets, especially on cold and windy days. It may last longer, but I can work metal and coax a lot of years out of ‘garbage’ grills.

The meat I turn out is every bit as good, and that’s what counts. Feel free to try again.

2 Likes

Applause. And I bet the beer is every bit as cold and delicious also. BBQ - on!!! It should be fun. Cheers!!

1 Like

And your mother smells of Elderberry wine…!

7 Likes

Right on, we got in to BBQ for the food and fun (and the beer!). Not the wanna-be pros who look down on anyone who doesn’t do it ‘the right way.’ Geesh, I’ve been at this a looong time, and I’d much rather help out someone new to the hobby than tear them down because they didn’t drop $1k+ on a smoker.

Bottom line, today’s deal isn’t the greatest, but considering the shipping is free from the mothership, it’s not a bad way to get a start on spending your Saturday afternoons enjoying the scent of smoke and anticipation of a great dinner!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Not needed to make someone mad on the Internet.

Not for most of us, apparently. Then again, I wasn’t the one who lacked the information and experience to keep up and had to resort to names, so no anger here. I’m sitting here smiling like a dog with a bone out of a pellet-smoked pork shoulder.

Any way, still no reply to the A vs B question posited above? Or ready to admit that good Que is much more about the cook than the tools?

1 Like

You can buy this exact item at Wal-Mart for $299.

[MOD: ours is bigger. ]

No you can’t. Prove it.

1 Like

I haven’t read anything about Traegers.
I have an 8 year old Traeger pellet smoker that has worked great all this time. Plenty of smoke with minor “regular cleaning “ maintenance.

1 Like

My balls are bigger than your balls…
My balls are bigger than youuuuuuursss!
My balls are bigger than your baaaaaalllllllss…
They simply simply are…

LMAO

haha. You made assumptions on my motives and took offense to me calling it an easy bake oven for adults, which it is. I stated that they don’t put out smoke of a traditional smoker, which they don’t. Many people prefer it that way. Also, I stated the convenience of a pellet smoker. You’re hung up on my nicknames. Your new e-buddy is mocking propane grills when he has the bbq equivalent. This helps him please his wife. Personally, I couldn’t care less about your easy bbq ovens. More power to you both.

1 Like

Glad to see Karen and Kevin have showed up to hi-jack the comments.

Sigh

2 Likes

Weird that Pellet smokers have been winning BBQ competitions left and right if that’s the case

2 Likes

Same here. They don’t answer their phone and have stopped replying to my emails, not honoring their warranty. Mine will light, go up to set temp, then stops feeding and cools back to zero without maintaining temp at any point.
Extremely.poor.service.