MasterPlug Heavy Duty Extension Cord Reel

MasterPlug Heavy Duty Extension Cord Reel

All cheaper on groupon

1 Like

Heavy duty? I do not see wire gauge under specs where is should be provided, but it appears from the low quality images provided that these are 16 AWG extension cords - NOT HEAVY DUTY, IMHO. I could be wrong, but I am just going on what I can make out from the limited information that is provided. The specs need to be CLEAR and COMPLETE. This is not a buy at 16 AWG, and frankly, could be a dangerous and/or cause damage to equipment. And I am not familiar with ETL vs UL, but UL is typically the standard - anything else could be an issue, so do your research before buying.

1 Like

Many power tools require 15 amps to run at full power (miter saws, etc). Could be a handy thing for Christmas lights or things with lower amperage.

From what I can find on Amazon the 40/60/80 foot reels all have 14awg wire.

ETL = Electrical Testing Laboratories or Edison Testing Laboratories, depending on who you ask.

Like UL, they are an independent testing laboratory and items are tested/certified to the same standards.

In the US, UL, ETL, and CSA are recognized certifications from independent laboratories. Any product that plugs into line voltage should have one of these marks on them.

Careful - look carefully at the groupon items, some are not the cord but the case only or only the case

Here is the link to the 60ft one on the mother ship:
https://www.amazon.com/Masterplug-Heavy-Extension-Integrated-Outlets/dp/B01MSYP92H/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1543421281&sr=8-4&keywords=MasterPlug+Heavy+Duty+Extension+Cord+Reel
It says the cord is “60 ft. of 14/3 gauge high visibility cord with right angle plug”
I only by 12/10/8ga extension cords due to how I use these.
I am out.