Mastrad Microwave Steamer - 2 Pack

I used a very similar product in undergrad and they were great. It is convenient, easy to clean, and took no time to cook up some pasta. Highly recommend.

Compare at TigerDirect

and Amazon

edit: fixed Amazon link - thanks shamcy.

This brand of steamer is excellent. Does a nice job steaming veg in the microwave. No comparison to just nuking veg in a bowl. Only complaint is the largest size works best for a family of 4.

Product Website

silicone is the future of cooking works great and makes everyone feel like a pro

Oh, forgot to mention: the “recipe book” is total carp. Beyond disgusting recipes, all calibrated in metric measurements for added fun. The product is great but don’t even bother with the bizarre recipes. You’re on your own, unless your microwave has a “cook fresh veg” function.

At first I thought they were selling the oddest color coordinated castenets I’d ever seen.

Then I realized they were bowls. Steaming bowls of heaping silicone! I guess that makes them better.

I would still have rather had the rainbow castenets though…

Can you steam white rice in these things and get it to be like the rice you get in a chinese restaurant?

Whiner’s List

mac daddy - 1
nyccolef - 1
garglebargle - 1

Total - 3

is it flexible

In for one. I was actually just thinking about how to steam my own single-serve veggies at work. I know you can buy the steam-in-bag frozen veggies, but fresh is better!!

Mastrad steamers reviewed at Squidoo

Nah, I give nyccolef 2, one for each complaint. What did you complain about, Mac Daddy? Did they delete it?

By reusing giant deodorant-stick insert-caps, you too can help save the environment, all while getting a healthy regiment of steamed vegetables.

are these stack-able for storage

hahahaha, I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that’s what they looked like in the picture from regular woot!

Could you steam shrimp in one of these ?

Here is an example of the recipes for this thing. Good luck finding gilthead bream. Really, it’s an excellent product, but they should do more with their French language recipe book than run it thru bablefish. Remember when Woot translated their product description that way? Similar results below.

Papillote 1:

2 gilthead bream
2 small courgettes
2 tomatoes
1 lemon
2 spring onions (green part intact)
1 star anise
2 cloves garlic
2 sprigs rosemary
500 ml dry white wine
Olive oil
Salt & ground pepper