Matsunichi Photo Blitz 7” Digital Picture Frame

Yep yep, further comparison shows that my cat’s whiskers would not appear as crisp as I would like. Thats a no go for me, goina have to stick walgreens photo enlargements

Have you inflated your tires yet? If not then YOU are the reason for our gas crisis…I heard that from a donkey :slight_smile:

I’m a grandma!!! buy me one

Never mind - that thing was way uglier than a bat.

http://original.britannica.com/eb/art-107507/Epauletted-fruit-bat-Botswana

GOOD. I was waiting for another reason not to buy this. That, and that the resolution is apparently terrible (though I don’t know much about screen resolutions). Alls I know is this is the cheapest I’ve seen a digital picture frame, and I’m seriously tempted.

Although I’ll probably end up giving in if it’s still around tonight. Quick! Everyone buy 3!

Should have noticed the fine print “MADE IN USA, BY BIG OIL INC” damn them to hell

Well of course none of you want to buy one. This thing only shows pictures upside down!!!

the come-hither ratdogmonkey is creepy stuff

I’m really growing tired of stuff with large transformer plugs…

They are widescreen because a 7" widescreen has less display area than a 7" regular screen. They are counting on people not realizing that their digital photos are not in a widescreen aspect ratio. People just assume widescreen picture frames are better even though they make no sense in this context.

Are the PTB behind Woot frequent visitors of Cute Overload (http://www.cuteoverload.com)? This has got to be the 3rd time I’ve seen something from there show up here.

For example, the dog in the picture was featured in a very recent post.

Hmm… ponderings ponderings.

I don’t mind. I have a 24" screen.

Exactly right. The same thing happened with laptops around 5 years ago. The laptop makers decided the public would look at a 15" widescreen as the same or better than a 15" standard screen so they decided to kick the marketing into high gear and make everyone think wider is cooler or better than standard. They are laughing all the way to the bank since they save a alot of pixels with this widescreen garbage. Now you can’t even get a standard screen laptop if you want one. 99.9% of them are widescreen. Total scam if you ask me.

As many others said- this seems like such an ostentatious waste of energy. Would have been cool in the 90’s or even mid- 2000’s, but now it’s just kind of crass. Still, it’s cool to see woot offer a technology sort of product, so kudos!

My biggest problem with these is that I have yet to see one that looks well-made. They all look like they are made cheaply in Taiwan (which they likely are) If someone came out with a nice 8 1/2x11 size one with a thick frame to put on the wall (with wifi/BT to transmit the pictures to it) I would probably buy it.

That has nothing to do with it…HD is 16:9 widescreen. As soon as laptops became powerful enough to play HD content the move to widescreen made sense. Further, our vision is wider than it is tall…we work better in a wide screen environment than a square one…human factors ya know.

Back to the frame bashing…think I’m in for two for the grandma’s of my child…they don’t care about the resolution.

Good grief - poor resolution AND you have to plug the d*** thing in!
Probably a short one at that so you’d have to have an extension cord and outlet nearby. . . . . . . yuck - don’t buy!

Thank you so much for assisting in my decision making. I almost bought one. Only because I wanted one last year and spent $70 each on three for different relatives for Christmas. If I want to view a slideshow of the kids, etc, I’ll just put the laptop out for viewing.

The wide vs tall vision deal might be true to an extent, but only as retroactive justification. I don’t think all the computer companies got together and decided to solve the pressing problem of wide vs tall vision. Plus, I preferred the standard laptop screens because I could read easier. Now I have to scroll down all the time to read anything because the widescreen means less lines of text per page view.

I totally disagree on the HD thing. Widescreen laptops started rolling out in big numbers 2002, 2003, and 2004 and at that time no one was watching HD content on their laptops and almost none (if any) of those laptops even had true HD resolution. Aspect ratio alone does not equal HD. Plus, the HD craze didn’t really hit until 2005-ish. The widescreen laptops pre-dated the HD craze. Widescreen LCDs were pushed because the makers save a lot of money but get to claim the same screen size, even though the effective pixels are less by a few inches.

I completely agree. I hate wide-screen but learned to live with it for my current desktop and my laptop. I hardly see full-screen anymore. I hate wide screen dvds, I have a giant television for a reason… A lot of my friends say wide-screen is better because it makes it more of a ‘movie’ experience, but the picture is smaller and the annoying black strips on the top and bottom bug the heck out of me.