Mattress Toppers

HA! Didn’t notice that. Well, I’m not going to take it away now.

How about:

Great job reading the specs!

This guide mentions density being an important factor in choosing of gel toppers on:

I don’t see any densities listed for these toppers.

The queen & king sizes in that one are 3-4x the price of the full, FYI:

Thanks I didn’t notice that. It’s a good deal if you’re looking for a twin or full.

Thanks for joining us to answer questions.

Community, this is the verified rep.

Too bad the price on Amazon quadruples if you have an adult-sized bed~

Since we can’t be informed of who makes it, then please tell us all chemicals used to treat the mattress such as those for fire r.e.t.a.r.d.a.n.t.s. (it keeps trying to edit that word) And more specifically, does the company use PBDE (polybrominated diphenyl ethers) on any of their mattresses? If not, what is used in it’s place?

All are 3.5 density, as listed in comments above.

Thanks, I somehow missed that.

Please note this is a mattress topper, not a full mattress. I am not familiar with that chemical. The foam is a proprietary blend of chemicals that has been deemed safe for sale by numerous tests and agencies.

So how important is it to get the cover? Does it help to reduce heat? It is a pretty substantial jump in price to get the cover and wanted to reach out to the wooters for their input. Thanks in advance.

The cover is a matter of preference. The topper does not need a cover, but some people prefer it. The toppers can be used under your fitted sheet. The closer you are to the foam, the better.

Is the cover Egyptian Cotton as listed in the features, or polyester as listed in the specs?

Good question, I’ll see what I can dig up. I’ll let you know when I get an answer.

The official word is that the mattress topper cover is 100% cotton. The specs have been updated. Good catch, thanks for pointing that out! :slight_smile:

Anyone know how easy the 3" and 4" sculpted toppers are to cut in half?

I’ve been thinking of replacing old filling on my dogs beds with a memory foam topper. I figured at $40-$50 for a twin I could get two dog beds out of it.

Okay. I’m like 90% convinced the brand is Sleep Comfort. The Woot ad copy people are smart enough not to cut-n-paste the descriptions, but are worded similar enough as if a college student was trying to avoid a plagiarism accusation on their term paper.

However, if you look at the Amazon pictures…they look like zoomed in profiles of the Woot pics.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A1055398%2Cp_4%3ASleep+Comfort&ie=UTF8&qid=1371373293

Edit: I take it by your silence…I solved this puzzle

The chemical I listed is considered safe in the US - it is banned in Eu & most other developed countries. I would be in for 1 if I knew the chemicals added, but I am not breathing in mystery soup for 8 hrs a night on the word that the chemicals, I can’t know the name of, are okay for me. Sorry. To me, what is in my mattress or pad & pillow is at the TOP of my priorities in understanding the safety & off gassing issues that pertain to it since you are in such close proximity to it for so many continuous hours. I can’t assess whether it is what I consider a reasonable product if I can’t know what those chemicals are.

I am not paranoid, I am avoiding exposure to crap I am better off not inhaling. I am also a mom of small kids who will likely be pregnant again & breastfeed - so I also can’t risk the kinds of exposures to this stuff other people might choose to ignore. MANY of these chemicals are found in breastmilk.

Pentabromodiphenyl ether
This PBDE congener, sometimes referred to as “penta,” was used as a flame-r.e.t.a.r.d.a.n.t in foam upholstery and furnishing. It was first banned in Germany, Norway and Sweden in the 1980s and 1990s, then in the Europe Union in 2003. The last U.S. manufacturer stopped producing the chemical in 2005, and the Environmental Protection Agency subsequently banned its production in the U.S. It is still manufactured elsewhere, primarily in China, and can be imported to the U.S. Maine and Washington have banned it and nine other states have proposed bans.

The chemical may cause a range of health problems, including liver disease and reproductive and developmental problems. It has been found in human breast milk.

Octabromodiphenyl ether
Like its sister “penta” this polybrominated diphenyl ether, or PBDE, has been linked to health issues and has largely been phased out in developed nations.

Hexabromobiphenyl
A polybrominated biphenyl, or PBB, hexabromobiphenyl is a flame-r.e.t.a.r.d.a.n.t that has been linked to a range of health problems, including weight loss, skin disorders, nervous and immune systems effects, and effects on the liver, kidneys, and thyroid gland. While it is no longer used in developed nations, it may still be in use in developing nations.

Pentachlorobenzene
Used in the manufacture of an insecticide, and as a flame-r.e.t.a.r.d.a.n.t, Pentachlorobenzene may damage the nervous and reproductive systems, as well as the liver and kidneys. It is also used as a head lice treatment and can be found in the waste streams of some paper mills, petroleum refineries, sewage treatment plants and incinerators.

To cut in half, you would need a long, straight edge as a guide, then cut with an electric knife.