Maverick Remote BBQ Thermometer & Timer

Now I don’t have to tell people to “put a fork in me, I’m done”. They’ll know right away, and it’s only one small hole in my arm that needs to heal.

I bought one when it was a sellout.woot. Makes using my smoker much easier. I love it. I worried about the range, but it really does work 10 meters away.

but will it work in a vaporizer while baking?

Amen.

Had one of these, lasted maybe 12 cooking experiences over a few years before dying. Did two decent turkeys at two Thanksgivings though. Still, if you value quality over price, or think you would need it more than a few dozen times, I’d find a more reliable alternative and pay a little more.

Just picked one up, my old meat thermometer is pretty beat up, this’ll be useful

I just bought a non-wireless thermometer thing-a-ma-jigger for the same price. Wish I would have waited two days!

This thing isn’t fantastic for short term cooking or grilling (Who wants to poke holes in steaks and burgers or needs to find the temp of one). But I use it when I’m cooking turkeys or roasts in the oven. The cable works fine through my oven door.

How is the reception on this?

was your old meat thermometer rented off the block?

Waiting for the doneness monitor to indicate “next woot”

In for one as a fathers day gift.

Picked one up, been needing one for my new Green Egg.

Bought one of these quite a while ago. Works great. In for three more as gifts this summer.

for 2012, right?

Was hoping to get the slide, negative to computer image gadget this morning but by the time it took to log on it was to late. :frowning:

I got 2 before for Qing.

Homebrewing, would have NEVER thought of it. Watching mash temps?

steve

Oh, they work GREAT, too.

steve

Got mine yesterday. Only reads “LLL”. Manual says probe has probably shorted out or borken. grrrr… RMA here I come.

Try removing the batteries and replacing them. Did you only get the one?

Funny thing, my screaming monkeys arrived today, but not the Mavericks. Mavericks were ordered a day earlier, too.

steve