Maverick World Alarm Clock, Calendar and Thermometer

did anyone seen it outside? And how good is this thing?

According to the guy on Fleabay selling these for $20 a pop,

Dimensions:

LCD panel diameter:

1-1/2 inches (38 mm), each panel

Height:

7-13/16 inches (198 mm)

Base diameter:

3-1/2 inches (89 mm) Dimensions:

Isn’t that a Woot error, not the manufacturer?

But yeah, these are pretty expensive so I would expect the Woot janitor to get the ad copy right.

Sidenote: “Calendar” is one of the most common misspelled words in the English language.

Pish posh…work is for…ummmm…

Oh wait I work. Damn. This is just so useless for me because I work at a radio station. All I hear all day long is what day it is, what time it is, and what the weather is outside.

Yes, but wouldn’t it be nice to know what time you’re going to Bangkok?

I think you rotate it and the World Time changes. Those are default cities that have been around since the 1950s on these world time clocks. Click the pic for a larger pic.

Any ideas how large this is?

Froogle that actually links to the right place.

What if I don’t live in one of the cities listed (on the base of the unit)? I will not lie about my location just to get the correct time!

Dimensions:
LCD panel diameter:
1-1/2 inches (38 mm), each panel
Height:
7-13/16 inches (198 mm)
Base diameter:
3-1/2 inches (89 mm)
LCD 3/4 inch tall

yeah I figured that after I saw Denver as well as Chicago. That’s what I figured anyway when I finally saw the detail.

Nice woot, bought a couple for myself.
Here is a link to a site with pricing and additional information.

My family has one of these back at home. It doesn’t have “Maverick” on it, but otherwise it looks the same. It works well enough, meaning it sits there and does what a clock should do. It just sits on the downstairs table… I’ve never tried the alarm or anything, so I can’t tell you that, but it is kind of fun to spin the base around (it makes a satisfying clicking sound) and see the time change depending on which city you’re pointing at.

We’ve had it for a couple of years without changing the batteries, too, so that’s okay. There are three black buttons on the back for changing time/degrees and such, and it’s easy enough to use. Not sure how accurate the temperatures are – I’ve never paid attention.

Not really a standout product, but then again it’s just a clock/thermometer.

Actually, I have had to use world time clocks many a time over the years when talking to clients. It’s especially handy so not to call someone at 3 in the morning their time. Plus the client thinks one is competent if he or she knows the date and time where the client is located.

It’s really confusing in the Far East where it is the next day from here in San Francisco. Also, one has to be careful and use the 24 hour clock [which this has] otherwise one could call thinking it is 4:00 p.m. when it actually is 4:00 a.m.

I can assure you, one can lose a lot of money by not knowing the time and date.

But I duly note there’s a lot of people who don’t need world time clocks so this Woot appears a waste.

what? no way. the woot staff is infallible (even the janitors); it can’t possibly be that they mistakenly typed an “e” where there should be an “a.” therefore, it must be the manufacturer’s fault. logical, yes?

Bought 2. Can use them at work. Too bad they can’t be plugged into a wall wort. Maybe I can have a tech adapt one.

Thanks! I’m in for a few.

I’m in for one, need a new alarm clock by my bed. (The dial on the base had cities on it apparently, and the clock will display the local time for the city you dial it to, I think)

All I know is that “Man who walks through turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok” - Engrish lesson for the day.

Doesn’t say if this thing has a lit display or anything to that effect. Would be kinda difficult to read the time and temp in the dark. Anyone know if this has a display back light?