Maxell Universal Tablet Sound System

It has a USB port to charge using a micro-usb cable and an audio in jack, so it can be used with practically any device.

I just wonder about the sound quality.

Ah, the lost puppy “Maxell” brand - they didn’t quite know what to do with themselves after cassette tapes went out of favor.

I like the universal nature of this device even tho a lot of our devices are Apple. Just about any mobile device has a 3.5 mm jack,

At $20 including shipping even tho there don’t appear to be reviews, it is a pretty low risk buy.

Got two of these. Impressive!
Just what you would expect from Maxell. Good decent volume sound and surprising lower end.
To answer a question I saw below, yes it is compatible with the older Acer A500 tablet but the thing to remember is that if you use a 10" tablet you have to set it in place in portrait position to avoid blocking the speakers and this makes it a bit top heavy so you may need to back it up to something. Also the unit supplies up to 2 amps of USB charging (even with it’s power button off) so if you have a larger tablet, you may still need to plug that into it’s own power adapter.
My Nexus 7 looks like it was made for it in Landscape mode.
Can’t beat it. Hope you get more soon.

Got mine, love it. the Nexus 7 fits perfect. I shoved the extra cables behind my desk. Radio Paradise HD is perfect and the sound is much louder and nicer than I expected.

I got mine and just set it up with my iPad (3rd gen). I plugged the USB cable into the dock and there was immedate static feedback. Unplugging the USB cleared that up. Therefore, there is no way, as far as I can tell, to charge the iPad while listening through the speakers. Maybe someone else with an iPad can tell me if they have the same issue.

The sound is decent enough and definitely louder (not necessarily better) than the iPad’s speaker. This will be just fine for by my bedside where I watch most of my contact on the iPad.

Not terrible for $20, but I was hoping I could use the USB port to charge. It does charge BTW, just doesn’t seem to play nice with the speakers.

Soooo…mine is here. It does play music nicely from my HTC phone through the audio cable, and it does charge my phone when plugged into the USB port. (Haven’t done any testing with my Galaxy tablets yet.)

But it doesn’t seem to play music when plugged in solely through the USB port [audio cable completely unplugged from both jacks], though the “manual” (hah) suggests it should. Drat.

The manual also says if it’s not playing when my audio device is plugged in, I should check the volume on the sound system as well as on my audio device.

Has anyone spotted a volume control ON the sound system? The manual (again with the “hah”) does not point one out in any diagram. I can’t find one, but perhaps I am simply having a blind spot. It happens.

Any other suggestions?

It says in the instruction book that you can increase and decrease the sound on the speaker but I can’t find where to do this.

It’s possible that you do it by adjusting the volume on your device.

Thanks for replying. It gave 2 options for increasing volumn. It said either on your device or the speaker so I thought you could do it on the speaker also. Guess not.