Maximo iM-490 iMetal Isolation Earphones

Interesting. Mine broke within a week of gentle use. It seems that I’m alone in that experience, but I swore I’d never again get Maximo.

They broke so quickly for me, I thought it wasn’t even worth it to get another pair under warranty. Maybe I should have gone ahead and used the warranty.

These are probably my favorite headphones in the < $20 range. The metal just feels good, and they’ve taken a beating.

I bought these last year on Woot and I like them a lot. I used them during a long bus trip last month, and was able to totally tune out both the traffic noise and the yammering of my fellow passengers. It’s also nice that the pouch will accommodate an iPod Shuffle along with the headphones, so everything stays together.

got these not too long ago. broke real soon but i promised i would buy another pair because of their great quality/price/and looks.

I bought a pair for my wife. The left bud stopped working. I sent an email to the company. The send me an RMA, I sent them back and about a week later I got a new pair. Only had to pay for outbound shipping. I think they did great! Would recommend.

These are great. I love these. They sound great. I use them on the train and it blocks out the sound so its not too loud but enjoyable. I highly recommend.

These are garbage, they broke after 2 months of light usage, the case separates from the body. Not worth even trying to get a warranty replacement. I should have heeded the warnings from previous Woots.

Sounds like you are one of the few who don’t like these. Most every other post talks about how great these have been and I would agree. I have the iM-490 and the iM-290. Both have been excellent, they hold up to near-daily use, and the sound is amazing.

Again, sorry your experience was bad, but it certainly was not definitive. I think you were just unlucky.

Bought these on a previous wooting. They’ve been great for listening to while laying in bed when you can’t have large headphones. They do need a break in period though. When i first got them i had read that they needed one but i figured, what the hell, these are cheap they are probably just saying that. So i started listening to them immediately. The sound was ok, but the highs were muffled and the bass wasn’t as clean as i thought it should be. I left them playing some random music overnight at a decent volume. By the morning the sound was improved 100%.

I bought these the last time, the left headphone is blown out. Does not work…not worth it.

I had these for less than 2 months and the left headphone is done…I wouldn’t recommend these to anyone else.

Great sound that won’t last long. Bought two pairs last time they were up. The first pair lasted a month, the second pair, six weeks.

How comfortable are these when you’re working out? I’ve had the Blockade earbuds woot sold a while back but they get real uncomfortable 5 minutes into my workout.

I bought these in a previous Woot!. The left channel stopped working after about a week.

I bought 2 pair of these from Woot about a year and a half ago. They have great sound and are comfortable. However both pairs developed a short in the mini plug area and became unusable. I returned one pair for warranty service where they got a new pair out to me quickly and without hassle, however the replacement pair and the second original pair both developed the same problem right after the warranty ran out. I feel it’s a design issue, so I won’t be buying these.

I have purchased at least 9 pairs of these from previous woot-off’s for myself (still on first pair) and gifts. I can’t say enough good things about them. There are better headphones out there, BUT, not at this price.

I’ve had 2 or 3 pairs of these off woot, as someone early mentioned the warranty is quite good, when my first pair stopped working I sent it back in and they replaced it with no real hassle. They sound pretty good, however they didn’t have too long of a life span and I ended up eventually picking up a pair of Sennheisers CX350s which are still working today a year+ after I bought em, and they sound better. So these are good for cheap throwaway headphones with decent sound, but don’t expect too much and you won’t be disappointed.

Bought this exact model previously on Woot, loved them, had a minor problem a year later, replaced with no hassle and no cost. Customer service is a HUMAN, not a machine. I actually stopped in to visit the company when I was in WA, and the company president chatted with me.

The earphones are stylish, comfortable, and have excellent bass.

Since I got these on Woot! last year I have bought about 5 other brands - and NONE of them compare to the audio from these.

Awesome bass. Great highs without being ear-bleedingly bright.

Of those I’ve tried these seem to fit the best for me too - and stay in (something that’s always an issue with me)

I wish they still came with the clamshell case because those are AWESOME for travel - keep my buds safe in a very crowded backpack that gets tossed around a lot.

Be sure to burn them in (let play at 75% volume for > 24 hours)

Both pairs of iMetal headphones I’ve had have broken within 2 months of purchase.