Maximo iM-490 iMetal Isolation Earphones

Regarding slippage, here’s a post from a previous Woot:

…and they’re cheaper now, too.

You may want to see this link too. then again, you might not.

No joy. Logged out and in. Deleted cookies and temp internet files. Problem still there. Another person in the Deals.Woot comments has the same problem.

Earlier today, some folks got their orders in by using Firefox…

Okay, thanks for letting us know. Passed it along to the coders.

I have a pair of these already, and I love 'em. But my daughter loves 'em too, so thanks for putting these up again so that I could get a pair for her. :slight_smile:

A very good deal for this price, but they’re also not safe in the hands of teenage boys who like teasing the cat with them (I had a pair for my son, and let’s just say that the cat likes his earbuds much better than he does now).

Also, just a suggestion for those who have trouble with these (or any earbuds) falling out: I had a problem with it until I put the larger tips on. Now I can even sleep with them on, without them falling out. At least, I did one time when I fell asleep wearing them. :stuck_out_tongue:

These are also very durable. I am not an audiophile so I can’t comment on how they sound, I only listed to podcasts, but they sound good to me.

However, even more important to me, I wear these things literally 12-18 hours a day, even using them while I sleep (one earplug only) and most of the cheap earphones I use will break down at the connection points. Usually where the wire is connected to the jack or where the wire is connected to the ear piece.

These have held up much much better than any other cheap earphones I have used. I think I got either a two for tuesday or bought two the last time they were on woot and I am still on the first pair. The connection at the jack has gotten a little bit wonky, but only a very tiny bit and it seems to have healed itself really, maybe it was wet or something.

Anyway, much higher quality than any other cheapies I have used.

I should also mention, as I wear them all day long, working, walking the dog, mowing the lawn, doing housework, etc. Once I put in the right size rubber thingy they stay in great. I am not a small person, 6’1" so I would assume my ears are commensurately sized.

And while I’m at it, one thing I ran into with other earplug type headphones is that the little rubber thingy would often get pulled off the ear piece itself if they got hooked on a door handle, dog paw or something, these stay on real well so I have not lost any of the rubber fittings.

I also bought a pair of these last time around, and I’ve been happy with mine. They fit fairly comfortably, but I think I set my expectations a little too high on the noise reduction.

I can confirm that Firefox will make it to the ordering page. IE8, Opera, and Chrome keep bouncing back and forth between sellout.woot and deals.woot.

O.K. ! In for TWO.
This should return and restore my BLACK SQUARE to me.
http://www.woot.com/Images/MonkeyHat.png
And yes, it don’t work in IE8 but just DL FF like I did and the order is instantly alright.

I can’t buy!!!

Everytime I hit the ‘I want one’ button it redirects me to deal woot and the deal woot ‘I want one’ button redirects me to sellout woot.

Yes, install FireFox and order painlessly.
[url=Get Firefox for desktop — Mozilla (US)]

My first woot! I’m excited! :slight_smile:

I’ve had some amazing high quality Shure headphones for a long time - the connection the left bud is starting to break however :(.

These should replace them for my sweaty and gross exercising and lawn-mowing :). Even got a second pair to convince a friend that iPod headphones suck ;D.

What a great price for headphones everyone raves about! I’m excited! Thanks woooot! :slight_smile:

uughh gross firefox

using firefox is like Eskimo swimming.

You dive in and run the ‘hey yo’ right back out.

These headphones are awesome! I wear headphones all day and they are by far the most comfortable ones I have owned. I lost mine a few weeks ago and have been waiting for Woot to bring them back! And now they are cheaper, hooray!

I wooted these awhile ago for general use and for wearing under a helmet on a motorcycle. They have good sound for the money but are not a great fit as some others sold here are… they stick out a bit and can actually be painful if you try to wear a helmet or tight hat over them (especially when you take it off).

Not bad for the price, though… use em as backups when I forget where the better buds are…

I bought these a while back as well. I never use them. There are at least three pair I picked up from Woot that I like better. For $8 more the MEElectronics M6’s can’t be beat for sound. For $5 more, I prefer the Razer m100’s. But they are the J type (right cord longer than the left) and getting harder to pick up. For $3 more I prefer the Sennheiser CX150’s. But I may not have given the 490’s a chance because I found them uncomfortable. The metal makes them heavy, but more durable. I tend to fall asleep with headphones in too. That would be practically impossible with the 490’s.

Yes, I buy a lot of headphones from Woot. :slight_smile: Especially when I find a pair I like. But I am by no means an audiophile. So take my recommendations with a considerably large grain of salt.

I bought 2 of these and they sound pretty damn good. Not too heavy on the bass, though.

I had one set go bad and returned them for a new pair. Nice warranty.

Unfortunately, they caused my Zune to reset. Something to do with the static buildup.

I use a different pair of earphones now and my Zune has not reset since.

Cheerz!

I just RMA’d my pair that I got on woot late last year - trivial RMA (sent in about 2 hours after filling out the webform, and they have no problem with the woot receipts) - how’s that for ironic timing! Best headphones ever, in my opinion - I can wear them for 8h in complete comfort, sound quality is nice, and they’re a steal; elsewhere it’s more than $65, and these babies are out of production too… maybe I should buy a second pair? Nah…

I’ve purchased at least a dozen different brands of earbuds to find the best and I think these are superior in fit and overall durability. The sound (particularly the bass) is impressive and actually way better than buds priced as much as 3x higher. Overall, great value.

These are outstanding. Lost my first set, and was happy to see them again. This time I’m getting a set for my wife. (Gonna get a couple of SlotRadio cards with oldies and classical music and a Sandisk player for her as well. An anniversary thing, you know. We were both DJs a long time ago!)

In for 3. My wife goes through headphones faster than Oprah changes dress sizes. I have a kitchen drawer that essentially serves as a headphone dispenser for her.