Maximo iM-490 iMetal Isolation Stereo Earphones

I bought two pairs of these the last time they were up on the site. I gave one pair to my sixteen year old son, and used the other pair myself.

I haven’t had any trouble with my pair. My son - who is a bit rougher on electronics than I am - said that his pair started “acting weird” within a couple of days. As far as I could tell, that meant that unless he puts them in just right, wiggles the wires in a certain way, and remains perfectly still while using them, one of the earbuds stops working.

But as long as I’m wearing mine, I can’t hear him complain about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have purchased 4 pair of these headphones from woot. They sound great, but durability is an issue. However the lifetime warranty makes it no big deal. That’s why I have 2 pair for me and 2 pair for my wife. If one breaks we just send it in and we have the spare to hold us over until the other pair returns from Maximo.

So far in a little over a year, I have had to send 2 pair back, both for a bad left side driver.

If I had to pay the Amazon price for these I would be a little ticked off, even with the warranty. But at woot’s price, I think they are a great bargain.

Out of context: just a comment in reply to some people who complain about Woot’s service.

When they had those Flip MINO I order white, but meant to get black.

I e-mailed support@woot.com (or is it service@woot.com?) In any event, the next morning I e-mailed a request for black instead of white.

Woot got back to me and said they would change the order.

So there are humans at Woot and if you make a mistake of the kind I did, they apparently can change things.

I doubt they would change an order from one to three items (because then everyone would be doing that, changing their minds).

But it was nice to see that there is someone paying attention to our e-mails. And I think it was nice of them to change the color of the MINO (and I did get it in the color I wanted.) Woot!

I bought these a while back for my Sansa MP3 player and love them.

They work great at sealing out the outside noise so that you can clearly hear your music without cranking it up to hearing-damaging levels.

Plus, they’re comfortable and stay in my ear better than any other in-ear headphones i’ve ever used.

I got these last time they were available on Woot.

I haven’t had any problems with them so far but their construction does leave some questions as to their durability/longevity.

I picked them up for traveling and they’re comfortable on the airplane with sufficient isolation so I don’t feel any need to turn up the volume on my mp3 player or laptop. In terms of sound quality, they’re pretty heavy in the bass, almost to the point where the sound becomes a bit murky or muffled compared to the clarity I’m used to listening with, especially with the mid and high tones. Low tones are still fairly clear if not overly emphasized. If you’re looking for accurate sound reproduction, these are definitely not the right pair of earphones but if you’re looking for heavy bass, these will deliver.

For reference, I typically use a pair of Senn HD-650 (obviously no comparison to these) at home and a pair of Koss KSC75’s ($20 pair) when I’m out of the hosue but I’m by no means an audiophile.

Bought these from Woot a long time ago. Took them on a recent fliht to Japan and China. Heard nothing but the movie I was watching. Fantastic fit and sound blocking. Very highly recommended.

The extension cord and case I got were pretty nice too. Shame I jsut bought a new pair of cheapos for my work mp3 player or I’d get these again.

got these last time they were on woot…total disappointment

I bought these when they were on woot for $9.99. I have alot of earphones. Most more expensive that these, and I can say that these are my favorite. The sound quality is incredible for the price. You do have to fit them in your ears correctly, but that’s not usually a problem. I use the with my laptop and with my iPhone 3GS. They haven’t stopped working and I don’t have a problem with the quality. They seem sturdy to me. One thing I was wondering was why the price went up to 12.99, but I see that they have upgraded the “Y” connection from plastic to metal. Definately a buy.

I got these the last time they were up. My left earbud quit working after about a month, but Maximo honored their lifetime warranty, and I’m overseas.

As for sound quality, they’re quite good for a mid-level set of earbuds and you do get much better sound quality than any stock set of earbuds/headphones. They’re an excellent deal for the price.

I’ve had a pair for well over a year and they still work great. I’m pretty rough with all my earphones too as I actively wear and use them - most others die out on me in a few months.

Had some problems with some crackly noises in my left ear bud for a few days once, but it magically disappeared.

I got a set of these from the last wooting and they stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Lifespan was about two months and I was careful with them knowing the reputation for breaking. Good while they lasted. I suppose you can’t go far wrong with these at this price.

I didn’t know that elephants wooted.

No.

I purchased these the last time they were on woot and they have been some of my favorite headphones. I’ve been through so many earbuds and these have worked extremely well for me so far.

If a pair of headphones don’t have a mic and you get a call while listening to music on your iPhone, it will use the mic on the iPhone and you still hear the call through the headphones.

Just make sure to take the iPhone out of your pocket so the mic is not obstructed, like using say speaker phone option, and it will be just like if the headphones had a mic.

I’m thinking of these because my expensive, delicate, pair slowly worn away over the years. As long as these are better than open headphones that come free with most devices, like the iPhone headphones, then I’d be happy for the price.

I find these to be rather uncomfortable. I would say that the sensation could be best described as a male reproductive organ being shoved into one’s ear.

These things probably are a great deal, unless of course any in ear thingamijig, no matter how good it sounds, hurts your ears so much, you have to take them out after an hour. This is the case with me, and every time I Woot offers something like this, I am tempted to think, “Well maybe these will be different. Maybe these will not hurt my ears.” It is never different. It’s like the luggage I buy. It doesn’t matter if i spend $290.00 for a suitcase, or $49.00 at Costco. Within a year American Airlines will figure out a way to trash whatever I am shlepping around the world.

For those of you who can actually wear these things - congrats, it’s probably a great woot.

L’Shona Tov
Dilvist gane gawn shloffen.

Just a tip on these guys. They are very, very delicate (as many of these earbuds are).

You cannot tug on any of the cables that go into the buds or the 3.5 mm end. They will come loose and stop working or work in only one ear, for example.

When disconnecting the 3.5 mm plug, firmly grab the plug and carefully remove it. Give it a slight rocking back and forth then pull it out.

Also, if you forget you have them on or you drop your device and that ends up pulling the earphones out of your ears, that may loosen the wires that go into the buds.

IMHO these are more delicate than other ear buds I have, some Sonys for example. While the buds are great, IMHO the wire casing and connections are of cheap manufacture.

Not sure why they cut corners on the wire connections and plugs, but these are still a good value.

So just don’t have them accidentally yanked on to where the cable/wires become stressed. And don’t disconnect the plug by pulling on the wire going into it. I know a lot of people do that because it’s so convenient to yank on the wire when wanting to disconnect the earphones. But if you do that the wire will loosen and stop working.

If you are looking for a good pair of workout headphones especially if you are a runner take a look at Sony’s MDR-WO8. They stay in place exceptionally well. Apparently I am not the only one that likes them. 4 out of 5 stars with 189 reviews. 110 people gave 5 stars. Earbud style headphones do not work for me personally as a runner. Only $8.14 plus shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-W08L-Vertical-In-The-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00005N6KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253253232&sr=8-1.

sick pair of headphones. bought it from woot last time, tempted to buy another pair just for the heck of it.

you simply cannot find a better pair of headphones for the price. i’ve found this pair of headphones better than the creative ep-630 and sennheiser cx300 (both which are similar in price).