Maximo iM-490 iMetal Isolation Stereo Earphones

These are GREAT earphones. I have owned several Maximo earphones, and except for the fact that they don’t have the microphone for my iPhone, I like these the best. They are NOT tinny, and I was very pleased with the bass response. I found them very comfortable in my ear. I bought them here on Woot as my first purchase a year or so ago.

(FYI, the Maximo HS series does not have as good sound, in my opinion, and you must choose an insert that fits very tight for anywhere near decent bass.)

Isolation means the bud has a rubber seat that forms a seal when it reaches your tiny little ear. Though it’s a small and minor aspect, it makes a big difference to producing solid bass. I hated when I couldn’t find my pair and was forced to use my “non-isolating” Crapple buds.

P.S. Their customer service, however sketchy and shady it may seem, is legit. My cord end was fading out, shipped it to them, and they sent me new ones free.

I bought these long ago and they’ve been my best woot yet.

I had them in as far as they would go,I know " she is alleged to have said that", but still pop out way too easy.

I highly recomment the Sennheisers CX-150 earbuds Woot has been periodically pushing out. They have a very full sound, are compact and firmly fit in the ear. (Even my 10 year old can wear them without having the buds fall out)

They’ve already been up today… but I’m confident they will return at least one more time.

I got 3 sets of these on a previous woot and my kids LOVE them. They say they are the best earphones they have ever had.

I have these, they keep sliding out of my ears, no matter what size I wear! Sound great though after they’re broken in.

If you have a receipt or proof of purchase (I screencapped my woot history), send it back to them and they’ll replace it free, for life.

Do it.

Mine separated too, but I just cleaned up the glue residue and used some Lock-Tite. I now can’t pull them apart by had.

I went through the trouble because I love the sound these things produce. They put many earbuds to shame.

Bought two they should go nicely with the pair of sansas i bought earlier this morning

The work ok, deliver decent sound. Got 4 pairs over the past 4 months. I’ve had to superglue every single one because the casing keeps falling apart.

good bass, yes, but they’re so heavy that they fall out of your ears eventually and it gets rather annoying. mine are collecting dust. would be happy to get $10 from them.

I wanted the write up to end more like this:

That’s my routine, every day, from first thing in the morning to last thing at night—and I’m sticking to it until the time finally comes when I get to take one bud out to hear them say, “fire!”

Metal

I wonder if the cord is tangle free.

I typically use noise cancellation headphones. I’m guessing these are half-way in-between NC and standard headphones…?

You gonna use them both at the same time?

WOOT…I HAVE SOME FRESH OC FOR YOU.
(original content)

i just made this. enjoy.

Only headphones I’ve owned that I can actually wear 8 hours straight without blinding pain in my ear canals. They’re also the only pair that’s survived a trip through the washing machine. Adding 2 more pairs.

I got these last time and love them. I got 'em for flying but ended up using them for everything.

Bought these on a previous woot. Sound good with the exception that the left bud was always quieter than the right. Didn’t matter how I adjusted the sound for either side from the computer or mp3 player to compensate.