Maze IPX5 Waterproof Bluetooth Headset

Does anyone know if these are literally waterproof – if they can be immersed in water? (Can I wear them swimming and listen to the music on my phone?)

it is just waterproof and can not be immersed in the water.

Per the vendor:

Devices with an IPX5 rating Will protect your stuff from water jets at any direction but are not to be submersed.

i would read this before buying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_electronic_devices_and_health

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

IPX5 - “Water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.”

Does anyone know the sound quality of this pair of headphones? In general there aren’t many reviews for this brand online, and the few are mixed.

Last night was the first time I used the headphones. I have a lot of BT-capable items located in a relatively small area. For the first BT-sync, they synced to the wrong device. No problem. That was my fault. Once I figured out which device had connected, instead of my iPod Touch, I disconnected the BT and began again! :slight_smile:

The second time, the connection was flawless! I then loaded an audiobook for my entertainment. The sound was impeccable. I was stunned because I expected some static or other interfering sounds. There were NONE. Before I knew it, I had listened for three hours with no discomfort from the ear buds or cacophonous interference.

Needless-to-say, I give these headphone two thumbs up and have no reservations recommending that others buy them as well.

KSJ

I picked up a pair of these last go around. The sound quality was (i’ll be generous) poor. The fit was even worse. Luckily Woot sticks by their customers and their statisfaction and I had no issues getting a refund.

I received my woot order of these about two months ago. They actually worked quite well…for a month, and then they didn’t. And by “didn’t” I mean “stopped charging and won’t turn on.” I engaged Maze support (these come with a year warranty) via their website, but I can’t get a response out of them.

I’d very much like to give the headphones a second try–when they worked they were great, and my hope is I had a single dud and the problem isn’t endemic across the brand–but if I can’t even get Maze support to honor their warranty I’m not sure it’s worth the risk.

I’m glad you liked the headphones, but I’m sorry they didn’t end up working for very long. Feel free to report this issue to our Customer Service team. Even if we can’t help you fix the issue, we like to know about any problems people experience with their orders. Thank you!

Piece of junk, no wonder they sell it on woot so one cannot return easily.
First off, very uncomfortable for anyone to wear them on for even couple seconds. Literally like sticking a stick to your year canal.
And, worse off, only works on one ear right off the box! Save your money and buy something else decent.