MB Quart QLA46 OCTA Black Corner Mount Loudspeakers

Welcome to the MB Quart QLA46 OCTA Black Corner Mount Loudspeakers topic page for Tuesday, April 26th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Woot!! Slighly higher price on ebay…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32861&item=5769779561&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

no!

hmm, neat woot

CONGRATULATIONS TO WOOT FOR MAKING IT TO THE BIG TIME!!! NICE ARTICLE IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL!!!

Good for WOOT, but may be bad for the rest of us who want to get in on the really good WOOT’s. I dread trying to get in on the next BOC.

The cheapest I saw the speakers was from a guy on Ebay who had a set for $79 shipped. Woot once again has everyone beat by a lot!!!

www.whatsyourdeal.com … Great Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

ive seen these before and they got me curious. anyone have any experience with them? I would like to know if they sounds as good as in the description. Thanks.

http://www.CraigandJamiearepoor.com -

welcome to our new members from the wallstreet journal
makes yourselves at home

hey nice woot today by the way… “woooterif!ic!11111” - peteromans

if these things were outdoor, i’d get em

for future reference:

MB Quart QLA46 OCTA Black Corner Mount Loudspeaker
Das Woot
$39.99 $5.00 S&H

=====
www.freeo.org - free money and other stuff

says
Specifications:

* Contents: two speakers, mounting hardware
* Passive Two-Way Loudspeaker
* Woofer size: 5.25”
* Tweeter size: 3/4” dome
* Design: Eighth-sphere corner mount
* Impedence: 8 ohm
* Power Handling 40–60 Watts
* Frequency Response: 110–32KHz
* Sensitivity: 86dB
* Housing – Plastic oct…o…void? Semi…quartersqhere? Ah, for crying out loud. They’re in the shape of an eighth of a sphere. There’s probably a word for that.
* Dimensions (WxHxD) 160×160×160mm
* Internal Volume: 1.8Liter
* External Volume: If it’s Too Loud, You’re Too Old
* Grille: Metal
* Color: White---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------??????white
* Manufacturer’s suggested retail: $249.00/pair

http://www.makezine.com/

Hey Woot, keep the good stuff coming, I got two!!! Sweet…

JL :lol:

W00t W00t! :smiley:

Wait, I thought loudspeakers were those things at airports and supermarkets…

“THE WHITE ZONE IS FOR LOADING AND UNLOADING ONLY”

nice woot! I’m in for three! Or is that six? You never did the math for us, whats up with that? 8)

Any insights on how to use this???

MB Quart QLA46 OCTA Black Corner Mount Loudspeaker
Das Woot
$39.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
Ask an audiophile: MB Quart speakers are known all over the world for precision sound, advanced German engineering, and state-of-the-art construction. They’d probably be known farther and wider than that, too, were it not for the fact that in space, no one can hear you rock out to Pink Floyd.

Thanks to our extremely-close-but-nonetheless-platonic friends at Rockford corp., we got our sweaty little mitts on some MB Quart QLA46 OCTA corner-mount Loudspeakers. We don’t mind telling you that we’re kind of excited.

At last, something good has come from the creepy German obsession with purity! Diese kleinen Teufel are pedigreed noisemonsters from their maximum-purity-class titanium formers to their Censturd housing. Their distinctive shape gives you about a buhjillion mounting options: Made to mount vertically or horizontally, they can hang on your wall, tuck discreetly into corners, or hug the ceiling. You’ll hardly notice they’re there—until you turn on “Thirty Great James Bond Themes.” At that point, fellow citizen, there can be no doubt: you’re at the center of a superior sonic experience, and we ain’t talkin’ drive-thru burgers.

MB Quart speakers features:

* Polymer composite speaker cones for incredibly rich, natural sound reproduction
* Titanium tweeters coupled with super powerful Neodymium magnets for the most accurate sound when your tweeters are resonating at very high frequencies
* Swear to god, Neodymium magnets. It’s not just something we cribbed from an old issue of The Fantastic Four; they’re real. You could look it up.
* Die-cast aluminum baskets to help avoid over-heating
* Better impulse loading: Aerodynamically-shaped ribs and heat-dissipating fins cool the magnet system
* High quality voice coils with a huge 75mm/3in diameter, wound on titanium formers of the maximum purity class 1 for the best possible heat dissipation and lowest hysterese effects
* Copper-coated aluminum coil wire has a rectangular cross-section for greater packing density
* Center spider design featuring Censturd, a completely new material that for the first time allows a design innovation for centering. This produces a better balancing of the cone movement and a tremendous overall improvement in the linear displacement of the entire moving mass.
* Heh! Heh! “Censturd!” Ha! Heh… Eh, it probably doesn’t sound as funny in German.

Specifications:

* Contents: two speakers, mounting hardware
* Passive Two-Way Loudspeaker
* Woofer size: 5.25”
* Tweeter size: 3/4” dome
* Design: Eighth-sphere corner mount
* Impedence: 8 ohm
* Power Handling 40–60 Watts
* Frequency Response: 110–32KHz
* Sensitivity: 86dB
* Housing – Plastic oct…o…void? Semi…quartersqhere? Ah, for crying out loud. They’re in the shape of an eighth of a sphere. There’s probably a word for that.
* Dimensions (WxHxD) 160×160×160mm
* Internal Volume: 1.8Liter
* External Volume: If it’s Too Loud, You’re Too Old
* Grille: Metal
* Color: White
* Manufacturer’s suggested retail: $249.00/pair

Almost there woot, now all u need to do is add 5 more speakers to this and you’ve got the mystery 5.1 speakers.

They look nice, but at 60 watt they’d be fried by my 100 watt/channel reciever.

Bring on the SD capable mp3 players!

I’m sick and tired of my cats shredding my speakers. Let’s see 'em try and get to these babies.
Awesome Woot! Glad I was up late playing San Andreas.

in for 2

[size=16:60997517e1]MB Quart QLA46 OCTA Black Corner Mount Loudspeaker

Specifications:

Color: White

wth? :shock:
[/size:60997517e1]

THANKS WOOT!!!
Now I’m closer to surround sound heaven in the living room! They dont match the white ones from last time but who cares?!?!?!?! I’m a bachelor! It’s gotta be functional, not look pretty!
Whoooooooo Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee