McClean Vineyards

I know some of these have been offered before. Would love to hear from some folks who have had them before.
Am a big fan of Paso Syrah, but have had none of these.
And the viognier. Any oak?
Thanks!

McClean Vineyards

McClean Estate Private Reserve Mixed Syrah 3-Pack
$74.99 (Normally $129.00) 42% off List Price
2007 McClean Estate Private Reserve Syrah, Paso Robles
2005 McClean Estate Private Reserve Syrah, Paso Robles
2003 McClean Estate Private Reserve Syrah, Paso Robles

McClean Paso Robles Syrah + Viognier 4-Pack
$84.99 (Normally $147.00) 42% off List Price
2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier, Paso Robles

McClean 2007 Estate Private Reserve Syrah 2-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $90.00) 33% off List Price

McClean 2005 Estate Private Reserve Syrah 2-Pack
$44.99 (Normally $80.00) 44% off List Price

McClean 2003 Estate Private Reserve Syrah 2-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $90.00) 39% off List Price

McClean Vineyards 2011 Viognier 5-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $90.00) 22% off List Price
2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier, Paso Robles
CT links above

Previous offer:
1/11/12

The mixed four pack might sound to good to pass up for me.

The 05 Estate Syrah was one of the best wines i’ve had all year.

Thanks WD! Thanks to you, just purchased the '05 for sure. Still debating the '07 because it was such a good year. By the way, I met your nephew, Scott, at Kunde the end of May. He headed up our mountain top tasting, and it was actually his last day. He did great. Really nice guy. He told me I should mention something for fun. Also, thanks for wine.woot in general!

My notes from January, on the '03:

"…Last night I opened and decanted (for about an hour), the 2003.

Deep, vivid color, in spite of its years in the bottle. After a couple of swirls, glass to nose: aromas of raspberries and dried cherries, but an overwhelming note of black olives. Lots of dark fruit and a hint of sour cherries on the palate, with layers of spice, pepper, chocolate and licorice that resonated on an ample finish. Good weight/mouthfeel and nice acidity (again, in spite of its years), balanced with still-ample fruit and smooth tannins. As the last glasses were poured, we noted that the pepper and spices were softening to more of a sweet baking spice note.

Overall, a special, complex wine. Black Tie. Well done Mr. McClean."

HI All! We are so humbled and honored that Wine Woot picked us up again. As most of you noted we were featured a few months ago and had such a great response that they asked us back! And for that we not only thanks Woot but we thank YOU!

I’ll be checking in and out though the day. If there is any questions I can answer for you please don’t hesitate to ask!

We couldn’t agree more! Still one of our favorites to this day. Glad you enjoyed!

Yeah. I’m not sure I can pass up the aged Syrah odd-year vert plus a viogner for $10. S***. Really nice offer, McClean!

Hi Dah7m! Yes our Viognier was in the oak barrels for 24 months. They are a bit on the dryer side but quite wonderful in this heat!

Hey WD or Neil or anyone else…

Can anyone comment on how this compares to:

Wellington’s Syrahs

Talluah Bald mountain Ranch Syrah

Donati Family Syrah

Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Syrah

In for 1 of the 4 packs. Looks awesome.

Of these, I tasted Wellington (with you on the RPM tour), but didn’t take notes, and the Tallulah was a while ago; I remember the fruit being dark and smokey.

These are more ‘red fruit’, though just as concentrated. The '03 has a nice complexity (as described in my notes above). Both belong in a decanter.

Red fruit makes these even more interesting because I have a ton of syrahs that I would call “Black Fruit”. I’m glad to hear how concentrated these are as well :slight_smile: . Ok, I’m sold. Now I just have to see what woot serves up to combine shipping on :slight_smile:

Note: for the 07 syrah wine searcher gets a result for dennigan wine group at $12 a bottle. It is not the same wine. However their price of $27 a bottle on the 03 is the same wine.

How can anyone pass this up with a recommendation like that! I’m in.

Mixed Syrah - in for 2…

Does anyone know if 10% of this purchase goes towards McLean’s Helping Hero’s campaign? I hope it does, I just bought my mixed 4 pack!

There is a strong connection there. Pretty sure.