Medisana Back Pain Relief System

I think I will get my variac out and make one of these. I just need some wire, some duct tape, and some sort of pulser for the circuit.

You end up ramping it up. It’s adjustable power. Lower power for smaller muscles, higher for larger (like lower back).

Ive had TENS @ PT and it + applied heat = bliss. take a nap and just set a timer so you dont cook anything lol

Not now, but when it DOES hurt, it will cost you alot more than 55 bucks to buy one.

I have worked in physical therapy for about a year and TENS is very effective. NMES is a form of ESTEM that can help reeducate muscles. HVG can help with swelling. TENS on the other hand acts as tylenol and blocks sensory pathway that triggers pain relief. A drug free way to be pain free without the liver impacting NSAIDS or tylenol

it says adhesive pads… do i have to continue to buy new pads time after time?

might get this for grandma

I’ve had a bad lower back for a year now. I went to a chiropractor over the summer and one of the treatments was to use a similar device (though a completely different commercial design, but same concept). Feels kind of freaky while its working.
I quit going cause it was getting expensive and wasn’t really seeing any results, but since this is kind of a staple treatment for lower back pain (this and the roller bed), won’t hurt to give it a shot at home to see if it helps with repeat usage. So I wooted one.

Though at this point, I’m so sick of it hurting to even bend over, I think I’d have bought a bottle of Lower Back Pain Snake Oil if Woot was selling it.

I dropped $200 for an inversion table last month and that hasn’t really helped, so whats another $50? :slight_smile:

This is about one third the cost of other sales sites. Looks good.

Just 1 review on Buzzillions

Only 4 Self-adhesive stimulator pads in the package?
Does anyone know how much are the pads if sold separetely?

The cost of the “self-adhesive stimulator pads” deeply disturbs me…

Medisana Back Pain Relief System, Replacement Stimulator Pads, 4ea $19.99

Replacement Stimulator Pads, 4ea $19.99

This may work but it reminds me of those TV infomercials things that you need to plug in your gut to make it go away (right).

There may be some chronical cases where therapy and chiropractors are needed but if you need a healthy back one of the most important things one can do is to exercise.

I don’t have chronic back pain but every year or so my back “goes out.” Wonder if this would help that.

Didn’t they sell these things a long time ago under another name ???

I was thinking the same thing…wink wink

Yep… been around for decades. Strap it on… hit the switch and hold on. Adjustable “shock” levels from mild to intense. If you like shocking yourself this is for you.

The concept is the electrical stimulation tricks you nerves / brain into not feeling your specific pain. However you will feel the tingling sensation of the Tens unit. If you don’t have back pain just move the electrical probes to other parts of your body.

If you’re into “S and M”… you apply one probe to the bottom of your foot, buttocks or where ever… and your partner applies a probe in the same fashion. Then… the electrical stimulation (mild or intense based on your setting) will pass between you and you partner at whatever body parts you touch together.

Ohhh … ahhhhh… I’m in for 3!

I read it at a different website. It says that it could fit up to 50"

I, too, was rx’ed a TENS unit for a back injury at work that fubared my L5S1 disc. My main complaint with that one (and I don’t want to know how much it cost… easily a couple hundred…) is that I can’t put the electrodes where they need to be by myself. If I could do that little contortionist trick, I wouldn’t have a screwed-up back. So I either have to have my SO put the thing on me in the morning and live with it there all day… and the things can slide around out of place, and trust me that you do NOT want to have electrical stim directly on your tailbone - EVER.) This one looks like I can put the electrodes in the belt thing (I checked the user manual on another site) and then just put the belt on. Which means I can have it handy if my back starts screaming in the middle of my day!

Good enough! $55 wooted.

Just so I know that my assumptions are right: This is worn, not placed around the back of an office chair, say?

If anyone finds a manual anywhere on the 'Net, I’ll buy you a beer if I ever meet you.