PRODUCTS:
1 2001 Medlock Ames Merlot
1 2002 Medlock Ames Merlot
1 2003 Medlock Ames Merlot
1 2004 Medlock Ames Merlot
1 2005 Medlock Ames Merlot
CT links above

Winery website

That is old Merlot! St Emilion often tastes good at this age: does this have he pedigree to last like this also?

Thank Buddha the mustard is gone…

I had some of their 2002 Merlot at their winery a few months ago. I thought it was very good.

yeah!! the mustard is gone!!! Now if some Petite Syrah shows up,…

It might be Grrrrrrate but I just can do another Merlot…

GOT THE 3 PACK CAB LAST TIME, EXCELLENT, LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS PACKAGE ARRIVING

I’d have to be sold pretty hard to lay out $20+/bottle for wines described on CT as having become flabby and dull. =\

high pH, just as with the previous Medlock Ames woot, a Cabernet vertical. Will be luscious, but likely drink up now, or a couple of years or four ago. Though that depends on your own individual taste!
Glad to hear the 02 is appparently drinking nicely. Can you describe it wit notes?!

CT comments show the 2001 may be well on its way out (as in dying).

Also, the 2003 was lambasted pretty consistently.

All that notwithstanding, this deal is about $60-$65 cheaper than buying at average pricing, assuming they could even be found, so call it a good woot with some gamble in it! :slight_smile:

Not a Merlot fan. The credit card is spared. Now were a vertical like this put up but in Zin, that would be a whole other story.

After reading the CT notes, it would seem others tend to agree as well. Some fine comments however when it was younger. Perhaps these have been stored in better conditions than some of those in the notes. Could be really interesting… Hope others have notes as well.

Yeah. Figured I’d go for the gamble. :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed.

+1

Isn’t merlot the gateway wine for children?

BTW, I just learned that in the Nazi State of CaliFORkneeah a parent who allows his kid to have a taste of wine will be PUT IN JAIL!

Holy PONIES!!! :-o

No, woot!, seriously… please DEcrement my QualityPost count back to 69. I promise, I’ll stop contributing quality discussions… unless you’ll grant me immunity from further increments, in which case I’ll be happy to keep on keepin’ on, but retain my quality number. :wink:

Make it a Corison vertical, and I’d stand a good chance for getting first sucker.

Make it bounce. Let’s get to the Corison Cabs.

Has Woot! ever offered anything from Merkin Vineyards/Caduceus Cellars?

In my opinion, Medlock Ames Merlot is the standout of all their wines. Older the better actually, I have a few bottles of the 2001 & 2002. My tasting notes from last fall on the 2001 - nice dark-cherry integrated fruit - mineral around the edges, elegant tannin structure, no overwhelming oak, long finish.

Side note: Medlock Ames Cab was the only Cabernet offered at Uchi in Austin for many years, a tough list for a Cab to find a place on!