Meeker Vineyard Pink Elephant 2009 Dry Rosé - 6 Pack

weve had this wioth pizza and mini burggers and it paired perfectly. i dont see this wine clashing with your typical Thanksgiving fare…it is a very light and refreshiong REd if it makes sense. Even more, i supsect most non wine drinkers would enjoy this as it is inobtrusive and easy going. finally, at $7 a pop delivered you cannot lose

Thanks everyone, in for one!

They’ve had it before.

As the other posters have said, this is a dry Rose - refreshing with a bit of complexity - I get the essence of strawberry as a fruit flavor - though again, not sweet.

It is not for everyone, especially those who like a sweet rose. My wife was surprised at first and then has become quite fond of it … Not to the rehab extent or anything.

Very dry - it’s almost like drinking a cape codder. Still have a few bottles, but might pick up another 6.

Last posting, I promise. This wine tasted better as it warmed up so I recommend drinking it “cool” but not “chilled”. Peace

Yes, I do.
If I were serving Thanksgiving dinner this year for several adults (like 6), I would start with one of my favorite Sauv Blancs and a nice salad, then I would start loading the table with my main course items and have 3 bottles of wine. One of these, one Ridge Geyserville (think I have some 2004 left) and one Syrah (haven’t picked one out yet).
This is a great dry pink wine that would go with a TON of Thanksgiving favorites.

God I hope this stuff is great, I just ordered a case!!

$80 for a case seems like a great deal…if it’s any good.

It’ll also be the first time I’ve tried a Rosé…scary.

Grr, the servers won’t let me edit that last post so here are the other details I wanted to add…

It’s a bit tangy and acidic, dry, and the flavor didn’t change a ton even after it sat out for a while. I didn’t pair with any food and perhaps that would improve the flavor.

And, again, just a reminder that I’m not a rose drinker so I bought this on a whim simply because I’m a Meeker fan and wanted to give it a shot. Your mileage may significantly vary - especially if you enjoy a good rose.

I know want more

Out of sheer curiosity, where is said tasting?

Some relatives of mine own a wine store in that general vicinity…

:wink:

Library vintage stuff too :slight_smile:

No, I drank it right out of the bottle. However, I wasn’t in love with it and quite a bit ended up sitting for 30+ minutes as I sipped on it… and my opinion didn’t change much then.

Still wondering if I was just having a bad day. Have 3 more bottles to drink so I’m hoping I like it better the second, third, or fourth time around.

I had more interest in the Cosentino-Off a few months ago…

For some reason I just flashed back to a high school date involving a bottle of Strawberry Hill. LOL!

I got this on the last offering and liked it. It’s very dry, not at all sweet but light. It’s great chilled.

How could a Tufts grad not get Jumbo wine? The clincher was the comment “it taste sort of like a Cape Codder”. Done. Bought.

This is going to be another embarrassing go-round with the Fed-Ex guy. With today’s Woot-Off, I have (so far) purchased white, red and NOW re-purchased this wonderful rose (which has converted a couple of my friends to “pink” wine) - not to mention the caramel for Xmas presents.

I’m going to have to tip him for the holidays, I fear. Maybe with a bottle of wine ; )

We need some Woot Cellars wines in this Woot off!