Meeker Vineyards 2004 Kiss Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, Diamond Mountain - 3 Pack

Must resist… but I did miss the Wellington offering, if I allocate what I speculate I would have spent there, here … hmmm

but I do still have some of this sitting, I am going to pass unless my purchase will help Lucas sleep better (maybe even get a fish tank).

weirdly quiet right now. waiting waiting waiting. sounds like Thanksgiving holiday may be a busy one this year on Sonoma County!

Just popped and poured a glass through my venturi. Warmed from cellar for a bit. Nose of spice, minerals, and maybe a bit of menthol or eucalypsis. On the palate more spice and dark red fruit. Tangy acridity and mouthwatering tannins! Definitely still young. In for another set for the cellar. THANKS!

Was very happy with my last purchase of the 2004 Kiss Ridge. This baby needs some decanting and air time, but well worth the wait. So good last time, I’m in for 2 tonight dammit! Great mountain juice at these prices is unheard of!

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: stratma
Speed to first woot: 1m 16.103s
Last wooter to woot: MichaelWB

Sleep well…couldnt pass this up…wish I could of gone in for more.

Grumble grumble…I really should not be spending any money like this or filling up space I don’t have. That’s it for this woot-off for me!

Now I’ve got 10 bottles of your wine and haven’t even tried one yet. I think I should fix that so that I have more of a clue what I’m getting myself into here.

The price difference is a result of the recession, we lowered the price to $45 after convincing the vineyard partner (who had veto rights) that it would sell better and be a bigger success.

I currently prefer the 2004 to the 2005, and I tasted them side by side a few weeks ago at the request of a restaurant.

AND YES: DECANT PLEASE.

First the Wellington and now this… I’ve been wanting to get into wine for quite some time now. At the very least these would be great to keep on shelf for when guests drop by for dinner or if I need to bring a little something to win over a girl’s parents haha.

I’m counting on you for this one Lucas. Please don’t let me down.

and please excuse the questioning of a wine noob. What’s the best way to store this wine? I doubt that I would go buy a wine cooler unless it is absolutely necessary

Lucas, do you have any thoughts on the optimal drinking window for this wine?

I have a rule right now. If I find 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon for under $50/bottle, I buy it. While I prefer Howell Mountain fruit, personally, Diamond Mountain is top notch.

Everyone, don’t think this through, just buy it. You do NOT see these prices on '04 Napa Cab, you just don’t. This is a rare treat, take advantage.

Nonono. To clarify: this is a wine that might show up sometime later this year. This is our last Woot for a little while, I think.

Thank you all for your continued and strong support. I really mean it when I say that we are very grateful and really hope you enjoy the wines as much as we do.

Woot!

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: stratma
Speed to first woot: 1m 16.103s
Last wooter to woot: harmonious3

I think I covered this in detail in the previous thread, so check there for more details, but this wine is going deep… at least another decade. That’s what happens when you make wines with low pH and big tannins.

LOL! That’s assuming the rain doesn’t come October 30 again this year and blow up late varietals like PV, CF, and late hang Merlot/CS.

We’ll definitely be pushing wines through M/L well into December, though, at this rate.

Last wooter to woot: axisaran22

I was trying to maintain my SIWBM, but was convinced by the strong community support and excellent winemaker participation. Especially during a woot-off. Also, most of the 2004 napa cabs I have tried have been spectacular. Thanks for lightening my wallet and enriching my soul :slight_smile:

Not sure whether to be pleased or sad by that statement. I will try to actually taste one of these bottles in the next few weeks! I’ve got CF, CS, and Grenache now. And getting a bottle of Carignane from somebody.

^ Well, either way, enjoy what you have.

Alright folks, it’s bouncing… and I’m going to bed.

Just watched a 2006 interview of Charlie Meeker, seems to be a charming fellow who promises good character in his product.

In for 6 bottles. I intend to age at least a couple for a few years, hope not to be disappointed by then. Expect an angry letter if I am!

Great, let’s open the CF this week!

No alcohol for a few more days! I’ve got four holes in my jaw that need to heal. If you’re still around these parts, happy to try one of them soon.