MEElectronics M6 In-Ear Sport Earbuds

I’m not very tech savvy when it comes to headphone/earphone specs. I’ve been reading the reviews for these and lots of people are mentioning things like “burn-in” and letting them play for several hours in order for them to sound better and bring out the bass. What does that mean?

Also, while I’m at it, does anyone know how comfortable these are when you’re lying down on your side? I like to listen to music when I’m falling asleep and I’ve had problems with earphones that hurt my ears when I lie on them.

If you mean the iMetal iM-490 that Woot often sells, these are much better. The iM-490 is a bass-heavy earphone. I would say the M6 is bass- and treble- heavy, but they have better bass control, more detail, and a much more spacious sound than the iM-490.

If you mean the iM-590, which is Maximo’s flagship and a more fair comparison, these are close but don’t quite have the same level of balance or refinement.

If anyone is really curious about how I think these compare to some of the other in-ears on the market, I pitted them against a couple here (there’s a summary table at the bottom).

Edit:

Burn-in simply refers to the practice of playing pink noise or music through brand new earphones for a period of time to allow the transducer membrane to reach optimal flexibility. It’s a hotly debated topic but there is reasoning behind the claims. Burn-in isn’t really something you have to worry about - it occurs naturally over time as you use the earphones. Usually burn-in is brought up when people judge earphones negatively right out of the box instead of giving them some playtime.

As for comfort, these are nearly flush with my medium-sized ears. I can sleep in them quite comfortably but YMMV. There are a couple of models better-suited for such use, albeit those are pricier.

In for one pair, since my brother decided to keep my Skullcandy Ink’ds. I just wonder if these will stay in. The iMetal ones from Woot wouldn’t really stay in… horrible if you try to run or anything.

Hmm nice, I’m in for one. I was in need of some new earbuds to use while running.

These have really good reviews from the audio geeks over at head-fi.org:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450087/my-review-of-meelectronics-m6-m9-and-m11

So, are these M6 headphones named after the German car, or Britain’s oldest motorway?

All you ever wanted to know about IEM’s http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-75-iems-compared-radius-ddm-and-jvc-ha-fx67-added-06-07

In for two BTW.

How do these compare to the blockade sound isolating ones sold on woot awhile back? Mine just broke and the headphones that came with my sansa fuse flat out suck!

Actually I’d love to knwo how they compare to all the woot headphones sold in the past year. I have at least a pair of each, and I’m not sure I love any of them entirely. Maybe I need to break them in properly… but the koss ones are quite low on hi-freq response, but seem to havge mor esubtlety than the ICE ones. ut I get lost when tyring to work out what I like there. Hoping these are bette than both. Any expert opinions?

So, add a mic to all ear buds so they work with iPhone please… otherwise, what’s the point. :slight_smile:

Man, I just bought the iMetal i490 'phones, and I think they’re absolutely terrible (my original iPod earphones had a better sound spectrum).

Am I going to be disappointed by the third pair of earphones I’ve gotten from woot, or should these be a different story?

I have a pair of Sennheiser CX400, which is in the same price range. How are these compared with the Sennheisers?

Personally I like my current headphones, but these M6s are getting great reviews. Are they going to be an upgrade or just the same?

I’m not tech-savvy, but these seem like they are a good deal. I have one question though: Will they stay in my small ears? I am so tired of trying to find a decent set of earbuds that I don’t have to cram back into my ears every couple of minutes.

Edit: I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Crossing my fingers.

how are these for jogging/working out? also how comfortable are they?

Reviews look good & great price! In for 2 black for me & 2 clear for my wife.
Thanks Woot.

Oh, what the heck. In for one. Clear. They’re too cool to pass up.

Just ordered a pair, 2 days after receiving a new M9P set… oops

If anyone wants the M9P’s instead (same driver, no over ear design, with a mic on the cable) message me, I’ll ship them to you for $17 paypal currency units.

email: jwr28s(at)yahoo.com

I have a pair of these. The base reflex is great and the sound is clear. The best thing of all is that they are cheap enough to wear while mowing the yard and not worry about messing them up.

buying this seems like a no-brainer. the question is: clear or black?

One of each…at this price, that’s what I did. :slight_smile:

which other wootfones did u hate?