MEElectronics M6P Sound Isolating Sports Headphones w/ Mic & Remote

Yeah, these are fantastic. I use these when I run and they always stay in place and sweat doesn’t get in them. Highly recommend. I might buy a few more ha.

I love my Meelec M6 earphones (the non-mic version). Amazing sound for the price. I’ve had $100 Shure earphones that weren’t that much better than these.

Getting the proper fit is essential to hearing the full spectrum of sound. Make sure you try the different tips a few times until you find the ones that fit best.

Regarding the sound quality: the bass is somewhat forward, the mids are average but clear and crisp, and the highs sound slightly harsh/bright out-of-the-box but ease into a smoother signature after a few hours of use (10-20).

Also, the quality of the construction is great. The cord is very sturdy and well-made. This is a huge plus, because cheap headphones, in general, are built poorly.

Edit/Update: Also, I will agree with others here that have said that Meelec has great customer service. Very fast response times, and they are generous/caring.

Edit: forget it, still can’t find answer.

I give these wired headsets to all my friends, who while driving don’t use a headset with their cell phones.

I tell them in California it’s now a moving violation and big fine, only then do they get concerned. So I bought a bunch of el cheapo OEM headsets on eBay and gave those to my friends.

But these at $10 are about $2 more than I paid for the eBay units (Motorola, Samsung, Blackberry, etc.) and these appear far better than what I have been buying.

At this price makes sense to get 3, but I am in for six on my two accounts.

Sidenote: Although I use Bluetooth 2.0 headsets I like the convenience of simply connecting a wired headset, when in a hurry. So I’ll give three of these away, then add these to my stable of wired headsets I keep by my computer, in the car, and in my messenger bag.

I especially like to keep two pairs in my messenger bag so when I am in line at the post office, doctor’s, movie, airport, or wherever, I can always connect a set to my Samsung Vibrant phone and watch live TV or play a movie.

(For some reason some of my Bluetooth headsets don’t cut off sound to the phone’s speaker, so if I don’t have a wired headset I can’t play media, at least not without disturbing people around me. So these wired headsets come in handy in those situations too.)

IMHO one can never have too many earphone and cell phone headsets.

On these working with certain phones and not, I find the best test is to simply connect them and see what happens.

I find that on my newer cell phones (manufactured in the past year) these will work.

The earphones will always work, but on some phones the remote answer button or the microphone will not. It really depends on how the phone manufacturer built out the 3.5mm port.

Some cell phone manufacturers make the port proprietary, to work only on headsets that the phone manufacturer sells. (Obviously the motive being that the cell phone manufacturer wants you to buy its typically over-priced headsets and not something aftermarket like this Woot.)

While a 3.5 mm port may look the same as others, it’s the circuitry inside that matters in terms of these working or not.

At $10 these will be useful as simply stereo headphones, so if it works on your cell to talk on the phone, that’s a bonus, IMHO.

I’ve had no problem doing voice commands through headphones on the 3G, though it’s a bit inconsistent on my new iP4. I have no idea why, but I don’t think it’s the headphones.

On another note, these are my favorite mid-range headphones, and at 15$ they are such a steal. I have sixteen (!) pairs of these, and I highly doubt that I’ll have enough stockings to stuff. I really need to resist buying these, but the little devil on my shoulder keeps telling me how much I’ll regret not going for it. Damn you Woot! You exploit my weaknesses. Why do I keep coming back to you?

I own a pair of these headphones w/out the mic that I got on a Woot-off for like $20 or so. Therefore, I don’t know how the mic and controls will work however, the headphones themselves are pretty friggin’ sweet–awesome quality sound for your buck. I am usually a firm believer in “you get what you pay for,” and $10 headphones usually sound like well, $10 headphones. However, these would be pretty good headphones in the $40-$60 price range and for $10, they are a steal! They are no audiophile headphones obviously but they have loud, clear sound, have a very sturdy cord, and isolate outside noise well. If you don’t have any day-to-day or work out headphones, snatch a pair or 2 up. You won’t regret it at this price and I guarantee that.

Yeah, these wouldn’t be to smart to use while driving. They isolate noise way to well and I doubt you would be able to hear skidding tires before a car slams into you. You would be safer just holding a phone to your ear then driving with these. Stick with the Bluetooth headsets or speakers for driving :).

Wrong headphones being reviewed

WT?!

I only have

3 blk m6p (this woot)
3 blk m6p (prev purchase)
1 blk m6 (prev purch)
3 clr m6 (prev purch)
1 clr m6 (opened, personal use)

Well, they obviously work with a mac, but I do have another more burning question…

Will they be here by christmas? :wink:

I bought these for double price a month ago, and THAT was a great bargain. In fact they supplanted my Shures! I use them mostly for travel, for which they are perfect.

They are constructed remarkably well - the cord is strudy without being inflexible. Once you get used to setting/adjusting the memory wire, they fit incredibly well, comfortably and don’t fall off/out. Right now I’m using the “bi-flange” ear tips. They come with plenty of tip options for getting a comfortable fit.

When I first got them, the sound profile was seemingly lacking in midrange, but the bass and high treble shined immediately, and they have great presence and detail. After breaking them in, the whole range seemed to fill out nicely. By breaking-in I’m not talking some compulsive use of white/pink noise for hours, rather a few trips on the Acela listening to tunes.

Also, the mic seems to work nicely, I don’t have to hold it to my face like a schmuck when having a conversation, nobody’s complained thus far.

I have the non “P” version of these and they are great for working out at the gym. At this price they are a no-brainier if you have a compatible phone. Here is the the biggest set of reviews for IEM’s that I have ever found scroll down a few reviews from this point. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-128-iems-compared-earsonics-sm3-added-12-20#post_6492048

PS, they have a great review…

I dislike the tripe flange ear buds pictured. Alternatively, I’ll use the other ear buds included and they are absolutely awesome while you’re working out. Suppresses meat head grunts to an audible level. Highly recommended.

“Sprint Epic 4G (playback only, mic/remote do not work)”

https://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=155#AndroidC <– known incompatible phones

I’m not sure if I would recommend using isolation headphones while driving. They make it difficult to hear the outside world…so that might not be the safest thing…

Well, as I said, she’s very clumsy.

Not to mention that, in Virginia at least, it’s ILLEGAL to have headphones or earbuds on/in both ears while driving!

Good call, Jordan!

I unfortunately bought an Ipod shuffle 3rd gen and the whole concept of the shuffle is to be able to run with as little weight as possible but the slightest bit of water gets on them they command buttons start going haywire. I couldn’t find any info that says that it can command the shuffle. Was anybody as stupid as myself and bought the shuffle with these headphones and do they work?

does the remote include volume control?