Meeting Owl Pro 360 HD Smart Video Conference Camera

Meeting Owl Pro 360 HD Smart Video Conference Camera

Went to a conference where we did a few Zoom presebters and this thing was super handy. Creepy, as it changes focus onto who’s talking while keeping a panorama of the room, but a nice one-stop item.

Feel free to ask me any questions

1 Like

For meetings it’s junk. You look at the TV on the wall to look at the other party. They get to look at the side of your face.

I think you are supposed to place it under a large room monitor rather than to the side of a room. That said, all our daily meetings are faceless, document focused for group instruction, group edits of Word documents, or review of spreadsheets. No one shares live steam videos of themselves.

Two things – In the setup, it specifically says you need to put it in the center of the room. It runs a continuous 360 degree view of the room and uses maths to zoom in and de-fisheye the image. So the comment about the side of your head is accurate.

Also, most of my meetings are indeed face-to-face (zoom wise), so, yes, many people live stream videos of themselves. Facial cues help immensely when communicating.

All that being said, the technology just doesn’t seem to be there yet. It uses audio (the person talking) to track who to focus on and depending on the meeting, that can be problematic–especially in rooms that aren’t acoustically neutral. Additionally, the decor on the walls can confuse it.

Would I get one? Maybe for under $500, hoping they’ll improve the AI as things move forward. But and such a minuscule discount, I would say pass.

Thank you. We do not do facial meetings nor do we have interest in facial nuances. Yes it’s a different culture. No there is not much warmth. But we are the best in our city numerically 3 years in a row.

Put a screen on multiple walls. Boom.

Thank you we have the requisite equipment including workstation cameras and room viewing cameras. However, no one wants to have pictures presented to others or much if any interest in looking at others while speaking.

Instead, we share policy and procedure documents and group edit them multiple times a day. The focus is always only documents, data, and discussions. Perhaps this is because we avidly analyze people’s faces while working clinically but have a very different objective when we meet other managerial leaders.

Perhaps a different work culture for the same goes for 90% of other health center leaders. Virtually all turn off/shutter their cameras.