Memorex Blu-Ray Disc Player

in for one, if i don’t like it, i can sell it on ebay… that’s actually how i found about about woot, i bought something on ebay that came off a woot auction… guy made a quick 50 bucks…

Really good price. May be able to stay in on black friday if I get this. WOOOT!!!
Cheapest I can find it elsewhere is $175 plus much more tha $5 for shipping.

If you wait until black friday, you’ll most likely get your face trampled as well.

I’m going to wait and see what kind of reviews show up for this.

oooh, tempting esp. for so cheap, but it’s a Memorex, and I’ve been seeing some junk from them lately… cheapest from tigerdirect.com is 219… eh, I’ll wait for better cheaper later. :slight_smile:

HD-DVD’s been dead since early 08

nope, got a 360 for that. hmmmm this is tempting tho… then i get blu-ray without wasting my money.

I know people keep saying that everyone should get the Playstation 3 because of the bluray profiles and the internet ability, but I have to say that none of that really matters to most. I would get this in a heartbeat were I in a different situation. I never look at the extra features on my movies, so why would internet access matter to me?

i want i want… but i… jus… wont. sigh ok i feel better

NEW YORK, Sept. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ – PEPCOM Holiday Spectacular! – Memorex, a portfolio brand of Imation Corp. , announced today the availability of the Memorex MVBD-2510 Blu-ray Disc Player featuring advanced Blu-ray Disc (BD) entertainment technology at an outstanding value of less than $270. Memorex also announced that it has expanded its specialty Blu-ray Disc offerings to include a full-line of BD cleaning and storage accessories.

Project Management Standard Program “Our customers want products that bring entertainment into their homes, but at a family-friendly price,” said Carla Pihowich, Memorex brand director, Imation Corp. “With this in mind, we have introduced a Blu-ray Disc player that offers consumers the full high-definition viewing experience, but at a price that almost anyone can afford. The high-definition movie experience, with its sharp details and amazing sound quality, is one that brings families and friends together.”

Blu-ray Disc, the next-generation optical media format, utilizes the shorter wavelength of blue lasers to store large amounts of data or content on a single disc. This increased capacity of Blu-ray Discs, combined with the advanced technology in Blu-ray Disc players, translates to movies that playback with finer picture quality and superior sound for an unprecedented high definition experience.

The Memorex MVBD-2510 Blu-ray Disc Player

The Memorex MVBD-2510 Blu-ray Disc Player offers advanced Blu-ray playback technology in a sleek design, at a great value. Elegant details like brushed metal accents and white LED display contribute to the Memorex Blu-ray Disc Player’s sophisticated look and feel. Its simple elegance and superior technical features make this a perfect addition to your home entertainment system.

Advanced technical features include video resolution of 1080p and video frame rates of 24p and 60p. The product also features Bonus View 1.1, allowing for special functions like “Picture in Picture” viewing for enjoying special content, including director’s commentary, during movie viewing. Audio playback features include Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio decoding and bit stream output, as well as Master Audio bit stream output. The MVBD-2510 features a 7.1 HDMI digital audio output and 5.1 analog audio output. The player is compatible with a wide range of video formats, including BD-ROM, DVD+ROM, DVD-R/DVD-RW, DVD+R/DVD+RW, CD-ROM, CD-R/CD-RW and JPEG on DVD/CD recordable media.

The Memorex MVBD-2510 Blu-ray Disc Player has a suggested retail price (SRP) of $269.00 and is available at U.S. retail and online starting in November.

Memorex Blu-ray Disc Cleaning & Storage Accessories

Memorex’s full line of Blu-ray Disc accessories offer everything you need to safely clean and store your Blu-ray Disc movies and optical media, and to maintain the performance of your Blu-ray Disc players and recorders. The Memorex Blu-ray Disc Accessories line includes:

– Memorex OptiCloth for Blu-ray – A re-useable micro-fiber cloth that safely cleans Blu-ray media. OptiCloths are available at U.S. retail and online for $4.99

– Memorex Blu-ray Disc Clean Cloths, 20 Pack – Dry disposable, non-abrasive cloths delicately remove dust, dirt and oil from Blu-ray Disc surfaces. Available at U.S. retail and online in packs of 20 for $4.99

– Memorex Blu-ray Disc Player Laser Lens Cleaner – Cleans the laser in your BD player to maintain the performance level of the player and ensure quality and consistency of disc playback. Available at U.S. retail and online for $29.99

– Memorex Blu-ray Disc Tyvek Sleeves, 25 Pack – Scratch-resistant storage solution for protecting and storing your Blu-ray media. The disc sleeves are available at U.S. retail and online in packs of 25 for $8.99

About Memorex

Memorex is one of the most trusted and recognized consumer brands in modern marketing history. A portfolio brand of Imation Corp , Memorex is the North American market share leader in optical media and media accessories at retail and one of the best known names in the consumer electronics industry. Memorex reaches into millions of homes with home audio and video products, MP3 players, digital picture frames, iPod(R) accessories, and LCD televisions that are stylish and simple in form and function. For more information about Memorex, please visit http://www.memorex.com/.

Memorex, the Memorex logo, eMemorex, and Imation are trademarks of Imation Corp and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

CONTACT: Josie Lee, +1-602-808-1162, jlee@brodeur.com, or Sarah Sbordone, +1-602-808-1167, ssbordone@brodeur.com, both of Brodeur Partners, for Imation Corp.

Web site: http://www.imation.com/ http://www.memorex.com/

Great price but I’ll stick with my PS3. Better than any BF ads that I have seen.

sure, spend 500 bucks for a xbox plus this, whereas I spent only 359 for a Ps3 and have both.

Good point. This would be good for folks who just want to watch Blu-Ray movies, who don’t give a hoot about firmware upgrades that likely won’t be so consequential anyway.

that built-in Ethernet is doing a lot of good too I bet.
I have HD-DVDs as well, but lets face it, neither Blu-ray nor HD-DVD have really leveraged the Ethernet abilities of their format.

As for people saying you need Ethernet to update, it’s likely updates can be done with burned discs or USB flash-memory.

Here’s a review of sorts:
http://www.hdtvlounge.net/blu-ray/memorex-mvbd-2510/

I wonder if this is the same one Wal*Mart’s supposed to have for $128 on black Friday???

Yeah, I would expect under $150 BD players to be fairly basic for a while still…probably won’t see this price range network/firmware-upgradeable BD players until NEXT year sometime.

anyone know if you can upgrade the firmware on this? is it bluray spec 2.0?

Not a bad price compared to newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882889017

BUT I do not see an Ethernet connection. Can’t update it. So I would pass.

since the blu-ray spec keeps evolving, your best bet right now is to get a player that can be upgraded to the latest spec. I really wish they’d finalize it and quit adding 2.0 or 3.0 so the cheap players could start coming out

In for one, happened to check woot just as National Geographic HD show on the pyramids was ending, and there was this player. If it was a B O C I might have made it for once!

I had no time to research it, I just decided it was ‘new’ so what the heck, hope I am happy and hit hte buy button. I hate reading and researching and deciding to go for it only to come back and find out it is too late…

I am just setting up the ‘matching’’ gadget to this. A Hauppauge HD-PVR capture device ($220). The only one of it’s kind on the market, and I have read it captures in a .TS format that supposedly can be burnt directly (no encoding) to a regular DVDR and then be played back directly in full HD in a BD player. That was the item I did not have, now I have one on the way. Hope all my reading and research is right!

Just found it on Tar-get.com

http://www.target.com/Memorex-Black-Blu-Ray-Disc-Player/dp/B001BGGD3U/sr=1-1/qid=1226902897/ref=sr_1_1/179-6060069-7634330?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3AMVBD2510&page=1

Wonder how long these will last…

read the description at least.