Memorex iFlip 7” iPod Portable Video Player

Wah… we have 2 Zunes and this won’t work on either one. Would be nice to find something that works with Zune. Hint hint…

Maybe you shouldn’t have wasted your money on a dog.

I’ve read reviews on other sites, and they all say this device will only work with 5th gen iPod Video…and nothing else. No iPhone, no iPod Touch, no new gen Nano, not even the new iPod Classic, oh and it won’t work with the 80gig. So unless you’ve got a 30gig 5g, don’t buy it.

I have one of these. The picture is decent, but not great. The best part is it doesn’t drain your ipod battery while you’re using it, so for long trips you can get several hours with your ipod in the player, then take out your ipod and watch it for a few more hours. It’s like an extended battery with a free screen thrown in.

If you’re going to be on a long plane flight or anything, I think $50 is about right for what you get. I wouldn’t spend much more than that considering the picture quality is just OK, but I got mine for $40 and think it was definitely worth it.

A friend had this one, and I wasn’t impressed. I have the Sonic Impact V55, and it’s a much better product.

I would be very cautious about purchasing this. I made the mistake of purchasing a “portable” dvd player with LCD from Woot, and it didn’t state that the battery was in the box, but I assumed it was because how else would it be portable?! Well I got the thing and no battery. Wrote to Woot, and they said if it’s not in the description, it’s not in the box. And here is yet another item that doesn’t explicitly say the battery is included, so it is best to assume that it’s not. Not exactly fair when trying to compare prices, because the battery can end up costing more than the item!

The reason being as to why it won’t work on new models is Apple’s attempt to squeeze every last dime out of you and making them TV-Out Compatible with select products choosen by them or by purchasing $50 cables.

Doesn’t look that bad. Maybe I’ll pick one up.

I clicked on the link that says, “Click to identify your iPod,” but instead of identifying my iPod, it gave me a list of all the iPods ever.

I even held my iPod up to the screen! Do I need to plug it into the computer, too?

well it looks like a nice buy, but I don’t know why their not selling good in ebay!

I have one of these iFlips. It plays Ipod 5th generation 30 and 60 GB Video.
It plays for about 5 hours on its own battery and then you have your Ipod batter to use.
The picture is not bad, not as crisp as on the Ipod of course but decent. Can be used with a regular cigarette adapter 12 volts in a car.

www.justin.tv/woottv

they’re talking about woot stuffz

Monsters from the ID Dr. Morbius,… ID… ID…ID…ID…ID Forbidden Planet,… great old Sci-Fi

That’s sad to hear. I will pay closer attention to what is posted from now on.

But on this item, I thought Woot’s ad copy said it has a built-in battery. It’s listed in the “FEATURES” but not what’s “IN THE BOX.” I suspect it’s not listed “in the box” because technically the battery is built-in.

Meh on this. Last month or so Woot had one of these, except it also played DVDs. So that was cool since many members did not have an iPod [like me, meaning I don’t] but it was still a low priced DVD player.

One thing I have noticed is that yeah these are OK for playing movies, but in terms of being portable, they are not really that small and it’s one more device to have to carry.

While the display is larger and all, I find that movies played on my BlackBerry Curve are fine. While I can’t read subtitles [found that out playing a Japanese war movie, Letters from Iwo Jima] the detail is good enough to watch most movies.

Considering the size savings over this Woot and that I can put up to 8 movies on a 4 GB MicroSDHC chip and play them on my Curve, don’t see that this would be all that much better.

Plus, what’s with this only working with one model iPod? That seems really restrictive. While I don’t follow or buy iPods, aren’t there like 10 versions of them nowadays, starting with the original. I do see that when clicking the pic there are various adapters this comes with, doesn’t that mean that it can be used with different iPod models?

In any event, this is $50. That seems dirt cheap for a 7" TFT LCD “extension” screen.

Sidenote: How many products can have the letter “i” as the first letter of the name? I can’t keep track of em all.

One thing is certain though. Most Woot offers that have an “i” at the beginning usually means I’m out on the deal [cept for those “iBlu” cell phone headsets that had nothing to do with Apple or its products.]

One more item… kinda maybe if you have the right iPod… not wait can I … no but if… man I wish I hadn’t harped on how good iPod… kinda cool thing if it only… never mind. Damm. I’m gonna buy it anyway. Just to show all them non iPod… wait does it…?

+1 for Forbidden Planet

Wrong ipod here. Sorry, Woot. You can’t have my money this time.

Is it bad if I don’t know what Gen my ipod is???

it says the battery is built in, so its not removable.

Yeah first page!

On a more serious note, is the screen pretty bright?