Memory Limit

Depending on your species (possibly), those might be the same thing.

3 Likes

Dude, too soon.

6 Likes

It was already destroyed :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I can’t believe we’re this far along and nobody has mentioned that the label is UPSIDE DOWN! You store 3.5" floppies in their bin with shutter sides down to shelter them from dust. The colored bar on at the edge of the label wraps over the top of the disk so you can arrange disks in the bin by their color-coded edges for viewing from above. Never forget - like the Lusitania. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

https://store.911memorial.org/products/never-forget-t-shirt

• The whole reason I made my comment is because there are plenty of people, like you, that do not associate the phrase with something meaningful and that’s totally fine. My intent was to raise awareness that others do, that’s all.

1440 / 1024 = 1.40625 MiB

• Different formats and capacities, but this was the only one that was incorrect no matter how you looked at it because they used a mixture of the powers of two (binary) and ten (decimal) to erroneously reach 1.44. I mean… it isn’t even a ‘memory limit’ we’re talking about here (as stated on the shirt)
1 Like

Did it ship on floppies? Mine was on a CD. But I do remember that Windows 3.1 was on 3 floppies.

1 Like

Windows 95 did come on floppies. I don’t remember how many, but this says there were 17.

2 Likes

Is that what the colored bar was for?!?!? Huh.

I remember the color bar down though. Examples in google show similar.

1 Like

Your examples show the short labels. Many floppies had a long label that wrapped around the “top” or “spine” and down the back by 1/4".

3 Likes

Huh. That’s information that could have been useful 30 years ago.

5 Likes

Geez TT, we don’t even have the right label examples.

2 Likes

:sob:

1 Like

Why were these called floppy? 5.25 were actually floppy but not the 3.5 1.44’s, they were solid.

The media inside was floppy and the original ones were the 5.25" & 8" ones. Those were floppy. They just kept the name when the 3" ones came out.

5 Likes

The magnetic media on the inside was still quite floppy. The case had improved though to protect it. This differentiated it from a hard disk which was a platter type thing that didn’t bend at all. A hard drive contained hard disks.

4 Likes

And a floppy drive was used for floppy disks.

2 Likes

FINE!
How about this one?
Shirt.Woot :point_left:

2 Likes

Satan with the Holy grail?

1 Like

snakes on a plane?

1 Like

T-Rex wasn’t from the Jurassic, but the Cretaceous.

2 Likes