meross Smart Dimmer Switch (2-Pack)

meross Smart Dimmer Switch (2-Pack)

Ok, I know it’s early, but lights work on 120 not 240. So is the fourth picture a goof? We have a black, white and green wire. (hot, neutral, and ground) Then there is another wire that looks brown. I am not aware of brown in code, but am aware of red, which is the second phase in 240. So are these lights 240 or what is that wire?

Maybe it’s a 3-way dimmer switch?
That would need 4 wires.
It is not mentioned at all in the description though

Possibly, but they do have a single three way switch that states it. Also the wire diagram for it is different. Anyone from the mother ship want to chime in?

manual is here https://d2utgrzbxqaq8t.cloudfront.net/public/staticfile/1567394394369/2327930.pdf

the extra wire is because it needs power too, a normal light switch does not. in a normal switch the 2 wire connections are the HOT in and HOT out, no neutral wire, this wifi switch needs the neutral to power the wifi board.

2 Likes

That cleared it up. Black wire is power coming in and brown wire is power going out to the light. Thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

THANK YOU for the sleuthing.

I have been wanting to have a go at a Wi-Fi switch now for a while. I have replaced switches and outlets before with no issues. My switches / outlets only have a black/white/ bare copper wire… So am I good to order these or not? The brown wire confuses me a bit.