MERRYLITE Solar LED Metal Christmas Tree

MERRYLITE Solar LED Metal Christmas Tree

Solar products for the winter/holidays are a BIG waste of money IMO. There’s usually not enough sun to charge them up. What little you did get might give you an hour or 2 of enjoyment. If you’re lucky…

3 Likes

All depends on where you live. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Am I missing something? These are $15.99 each on Amazon, plus there’s a coupon for 5% off.

You’re missing a link to prove it. I see $29 for 1 on Amazon.

1 Like

Yep, I agree with @bsmith1. Gonna need you to pony up a link for that.

1 Like

High Five Ashley Olsen GIF

1 Like

1 Like

2ft ones like these: https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Lights-Decorations-Landscape-25-197-877-87inch/dp/B09KV6RHM4/
4ft ones: https://www.amazon.com/Solar-Christmas-Decoration-String-Lights/dp/B09JZNSQDY/ $16 + $7 shipping

The reviews of the Merrylite ones at Amazon are awful ( https://www.amazon.com/Touch-ECO-Solar-Christmas-Decoration/dp/B07YZW3H1N/ ) but then I suspect all these lights are from the same OEM and the only differences are in packaging and pricing.

I was looking for a cheap tall spiral that I could put addressible LEDs on to do something like this: GitHub - standupmaths/xmastree2020: My 500 LED xmas tree (cool video at I wired my tree with 500 LED lights and calculated their 3D coordinates. - YouTube )

2 Likes

Ah, different brand. Possibly the same. We generally don’t comp to different brands though.

3 Likes

Stephen Colbert Point GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

3 Likes

These solar MERRYLITE. Christmas Trees work really well BUT THEY ARE SHIPPING THE WRONG Size. The price and photo are right for the LARGE SIZE
BUT THEY ARE SHIPPING THE SMALL ONE!!! Bad Bad Bad. They are out of the correct size so no replacement.

Hi there. Sorry for the issue. We’ve been selling these all month and this is the first I’ve heard of this. It was likely a one-off issue.

1 Like

No, I’m not mistaken. First order, I purchased a two-set of the large. Only one showed up. So I contacted customer service and they said they’d send the replacement. In the meanwhile, I purchased another two-set of the large because it’s really a nice item IF THEY SEND YOU THE RIGHT ONE. However, when I received both the replacement set and the additional purchased set, BOTH WERE THE SMALL ONES and not the large trees I ordered. This is a drop ship, so apparently there is mix up between the shipper and the website. The customer service person confirmed that OTHER CUSTOMERS were also being shipped the WRONG ITEM! So please check with your own dang customer service people before answering my honest chat so that other people are not inconvenienced as I have been.

1 Like

Alrighty. Gotcha. It sounded like a one-off human error. I’ll check in with the buyer.

1 Like

Update: Vendor says this is for the 2’ version, not the 4’. Dimensions are shown in the last photo.

They did have an mismatch of product early on but they reshipped all orders with the correct 2’ size.

Customer Service says they’ve received two other contacts from people saying it was smaller than they expected.

2 Likes

I bought a couple of these from Woot! Appclusive knowing they were small. They work perfectly in a flower pot for some height. They get plenty of sun charge. Nestled them on front stoop where I had flowers. They are bright fairy lights but not blinding lights. It was a great purchase for me.

2 Likes

I’m trying to find the 4 ft trees that @gtoal mentioned but no luck. The short ones aren’t big enough for what I want to do in the front yard, and I can’t find any 4 ft trees at all on Amazon…

I ordered two pack of white and a two pack multicolored. Received this morning, one large multicolored tree and two small white light trees. Don’t understand “the deal”?

Sorry for the errors. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like