Merryvale Napa Valley Medley

ALL Merryvale Wines on SHopzilla
… or i can break it down for you all.

Merryvale Merlots… from $13
Merryvale Chardonnay Carneros… from $29
Merryvale Sauvignon Blancs… from $15

… couldn’t find a Syrah, but you get the idea. good prices.

Merryvale just ROCKS!!! However, being more of a red drinker, I am in the same vane/vein/vain (LOL) in that I would have rather seen a 3 red/1 white combo, or something similar to that. And not that I mind cellaring anything, but my regular day-to-day wine has run low and I need something drinkable now! Excellent woot, though!!! Keep it up!

PS The MacRostie was excellent!

I just looked at shopzilla. A comparable Merryvale Merlot there was 22.98/bottle + 9.95 shipping. The same Sauvignon Blanc was 17.99 + 17.87 shipping. The Chardonnay was 22.99 plus 9.95 shipping. buying these 3 from Shopzilla would set you back $91.78 (the Merlot and Chard were from the same place, only one 9.95 shipping fee). From Woot, for 84.99, you get these, plus a bottle of Syrah, which works out to 21.25/ bottle with shipping. Woot wins again.
Great job, woot. I’m in on this one. I love the variety, I’ll drink the SB and the Chard while the weather is hot and cellar the reds for a while.

tooW che to you and I wasn’t even “buzd”. How hilarious and well worth noting…to err is human and to enoy wine is devine as I must of had a pallet of wine on my mind! :wink:

Funniest wine post yest…

i also enjoy getting 3-4 bottles of the same wine, at least if its good. that way i can enjoy it when i receive it, but also cellar some and let them age.

i know a lot of people asked for the variety packs earlier. i’m hoping we’ll see some of the past offerings back soon.

Thanks for the clarification on the prices, those links seemed a bit low compared to the previous finds.

So, this is a pretty good deal. I’ve been drinking mostly (almost exclusively) reds for the past few years. I got “Wines for the Totally Confused” from Netflix the other night, and John Cleese got me thinking that maybe I should expand my palate (right spelling), so I’m thinking about getting this.

My concern is heat. Do you all think that it has cooled enough for me to order this? I don’t want my wine getting cooked in a warehouse or in the back of a truck. UPS doesn’t cool their trucks, so it gets mighty hot in there. I live in the FL panhandle, BTW.

[quote]
Ya know…When this all started I would have said that I wanted a variety each time. HOWEVER…As I’ve gotten more into this, one of the things I’ve really enjoyed is opening a bottle, tasting how it changes over the minutes/hours since being opened and also how it is affected from sitting for a day or two, etc. Essentially, it tells me how good it will be in the future, etc. I then have 2-3 more bottles that I can open at a later date based on the tasting and could potentially have an amazing wine down the road. Gotta love that. [/quote/

Exactly. I like having more than one.

I think I like having it both ways (which is what I hope Woot Wine will end up doing post beta). I like having four or more of the same wine, but I also like having a variety. I am impressed with the way Woot has responded to the comments placed here and I would expect that they will continue to listen to our comments.

P.S. Almost two days into the new wine and no spam. Let’s hope it continues… (fingers crossed).

For years I was a “red wines only” guy. A couple of years ago, a good friend of mine convinced me to expand my horizons and try some whites. I’m glad I did. There is nothing better than a good white wine, properly chilled, to have with salmon or tuna steak fresh off the grill in the summertime. During the hottest part of the summer, I pretty much drink whites, with the occasional Pinot Noir when I feel like a red.

As far as the heat goes, I usually order my wines later in the week, so they usually get shipped the beginning of the next week, so they don’t spend a weekend in a 100 degree warehouse somewhere. The only exception to that was the Foppiano Sangiovese: I ordered it early in the week, it was shipped on Thursday, and spend the weekend in a warehouse in Kansas when the temp was in the upper 90’s. That was the only wine.woot that I have been disappointed in.

Hey woot, if you do another white, how about a Viogner?

Wine cellar is full… Cases of wine sitting in the garage… what to do, what to do!!

I know, I am going to build a new house with a 300 sq. ft. wine cellar!

WOOT, the Meritage was very good if you decanter and let it breathe for at least an hour. With previous comments, I think WOOT ought to add a spell checker. :slight_smile:

For those who want 3 bottles of the same wine, buy 3 WOOTS! Just kidding! As long as WOOT mixes it up like they have been, some WOOTS with the same wine, others with a mixture of wines.

In the meantime, I’ll probably procrastinate and buy this later in the week.

Hey wooters…I have purchased a few wine.woot deals since my buddy Dave is involved in this. I am starting to run out of room in the kitchen and need to find a wine rack to store it all in one place.

I really don’t need anything fancy- just a metal or wood rack to hold 50+ bottles.

Any suggestions on where to find something sturdy?

Ok, This is a little off topic. But I happened to see a wine that Woot really needs to find a way to sell. The Winery is Woop Woop. And buying some Woop Woop Wine from Woot would really make my week. Unfortunately it’s from Down Under which really isn’t all that close to California.

p.s. I love the variety pack, still haven’t decided if I’m going to pull the trigger yet. An average of $20 a bottle is a bit higher than my normal range.

Make one? Hell, if you got the proper tools sitting around, you could even make it out of solid steel.
Actually, I’m in a similiar situation, except I know I’m moving in a year…making the decision to buy one even more complex. Maybe after my project has a slow week, I’ll steal some scrap wood from work and make something…

i’m still rather young and find myself moving every couple years, which has kept me from buying a really nice wine storing system. so what i do is get empty wine boxes from the store and turn them on their side and store wine that way in my basement. works great for those on a budget, also makes them easier to move. each box holds 12 bottles and i line them up on the shelf in the basement where it stays cool.

Just got my shipment! Might try the blanc tonight…

Has the shipping situation improved much? I wooted the St. Supéry 2000 at the end of May and had my wine sitting in a boiling hot truck cross-country for eight days.

I also agree with the idea of buying multiple bottles of the same wine… or at least a 2/2 combo. Merryvale is a fine winery but Merlot is Merlot. Very few winemakers can lift the varietal above it’s 2 dimensional offering. Haven’t tasted this one… but if anyone out there tells me it approaches the complexity of a meritage or even cab/merlot blend, I’d be more interested.
Lastly, most of us serious red fans aren’t going to be interested in a chard. When we do drink whites, most of my fellow enophiles tend to reach for something a bit more interesting. Still great effort from Woot. Keep it up!

I’ve been doing the same actually. Well, minus the basement, since I’m in an apt. I’m just saying I’d like to have something slightly more sophisticated than my current setup of wine boxes behind my sofa for storage and a few bottles displayed on top of the fridge as my only display method.

wow, i do something even more ghetto. i just keep the bottom shelf in my pantry for wine, and stack them on each other horizontally. its pretty lame, but like others here i can’t set up a nice system for sometime when i’m more sure i’m in a permanent situation. thus, i avoid wines that require/recommend any kind of cellaring.

plus i’m just flat out too impatient :slight_smile: