MervFilters MERV 8 AC Furnace Filters 6PK

MervFilters MERV 8 AC Furnace Filters 6PK

2 Likes

That figures. I need 20" x 24". Cramming in a 20" x 25" does not work.

1 Like

Do you have other merv ratings?

1 Like

The guy who installed our new furnace said NOT to use high filtration filters, as they clog quickly and the reduced airflow can damage the firewall. Any comments?

2 Likes

They just need to be switched out more frequently; every 1-2 months (depending on the amount of particulate in your home) instead of 3 months should cover it.

2 Likes

Sorry, these are the only ones available.

I won’t touch a filter that’s below a Merv 13. Big price difference between Merv 13 and 16 though.

1 Like

I noticed my furnace constantly cycling up and down when using a high MERV rating filter. My HVAC guy told me that my furnace was probably overheating from the reduced intake airflow. I started using the cheaper ones that you replace every month or so and had no more problems.

4 Likes

MERV 13 or better to help mitigate COVID-19

Alternative to risking damage to an HVAC system not designed for high filtration filters:

Wouldn’t 8 be the lowest filtration? Mine use 11s so assuming 8s are fine? Have 2 cats tho and only 11 and above say pet dander.

We use the merv 8 filters because the higher ratings are hard on blower motor. The higher ratings will actually make the intake ducting cave in when it starts, and when it’s done with a cycle it will pop back out. So I’m in for 2 sets of these. My setup uses 2 filters.

1 Like