Metrokane Rabbit Flip-Top 16 oz. Cocktail Shaker

Previous Woot

cheaper on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Metrokane-Houdini-Cocktail-Shaker-Metal/dp/B001S985TK

also poor rating

I’m not sure it’s the same unit. The wine.woot unit is described as 18/8 stainless steel, and Amazon also carries a 16 oz 18/8 product.

Even so, it’s $25 (with free shipping provided you add something worth a nickel), essentially the same as the woot, so perhaps consider it a good way to bump your Woots item count.

yeah epic fail item. Anyone who is in doubt read the thread from the last woot of this (linked in a post above). It’s a bad deal and has many problems.

The Woot offering is the more expensive version of the Metrokane Rabbit split-top shaker. The Woot price for this stainless steel version is about $6 to $8 better than what can be found elsewhere. However, the total price for this thing would have to drop to about $6 for me to be interested in it. It’s just too gimmicky.

I am shocked that anyone would buy an item just to boost their numbers… well maybe not that shocked

Captain Renault: I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

• Casablanca

I have one and primarily use it for chilling drinks down, occasionally for a Tom Collins. You have to use ice thats not cloudy though. It tends to break up and get caught in the grooves on the way out. But I like it alot.

Condition: shaken not stirred. Ha Ha Ha

And of course it’s even cheaper on Woot if you buy more than one - say as a gift for my friend I met at the AA meeting (JK).

Upon reviewing a lot of the reviews (redundancy, I love thee), it appears that a lot of the problems were due to operator error.

In for one.

Seems like a good thing to keep in my freezer to make quick super-cold martinis.

What, do they have 480,000 of these? Die shaker, die!

probably only 10. LOL!

EDIT: ok, there were 75.