Metrokane Red Rabbit 7 Piece Tool Kit

Corkscrew is great.

The bottle sealer, however, is crap. May as start planning on throwing away now.

The cap will break. One day it will just no longer seal. The mechanism will fail.

Had this happen to a half dozen caps.

Check amazon reviews for the caps. The only negative comments it gets are related to this.

Get this so you don’t have to resort to using a screwdriver+hammer like I did one time.

Repainting the ceiling is NOT fun. Neither is wine in the eyeballs.

Need more wine and less “things”. Seems like the pattern is thing-wine-thing-wine-thing. And now, 3 “things” in a row. Seems like it should be wine-wine-wine-wine-thing-wine-wine-wine-thing-wine-wine-wine-wine-wine-thing.
etc. etc. etc.

It’s gift week. This is my first gift week with wine.woot, but from what I understand, they’re all wine- or fine-food-related gifts. Hence the bonzai, olive oil, vinturi stand, wine opener, shatter-proof glasses etc. You’ll also notice they’re changing every 12 hours instead of 24 hours. Wine.wooters correct me if I’m wrong :slight_smile:

***** Thread Hi-jack *****

Calling all Michiganders!

Come on over! Join your fellow Michigan wooters for ThirtySomething party! All wines will have something to do with Thirty - in the name, in the price, in the age, in the vintage, in the blend, and all because Someone (me) is turning 30 this month!

12/18/2010. 4:00pm. Be there!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Gift Week.

***** End Hi-jack *****

12 + 18 = 30. WOW

Correct! Wine Week is usually wine-related items (food that goes with wine), but IIRC, they have had a Woot Cellars wine packaged with something else at times (Humbug with t-shirt, EHP with Bottle Sealer).

And we did have wine during the Wine.Woot-off this week.

too funny. i can picture my wife doing the same thing, except i don’t think i can ever convince her to even try to open a bottle of wine.

btw, you should marry the gal. she opens your wine, pours a glass, and delivers it to you. what more do you want?

My wife bought me a Rabbit about 7 years ago - still on the original corkscrew-bit. It has had quite a workout, over the years. Never a broken cork and it works flawlessly every time. You can use the corkscrew to drive the cork back in, as well. Everyone marvels at how easy it is to use.
I recommend this product without a qualm.

I think this is the closest that wine.woot will ever get to offering a wine related product from NY ever. :wink:

So will there be gifts over the weekend as well? When do we go back to our regularly scheduled wootage?

Ah! ok. I guess that explains it. I still kind of feel though that there’s too much non-wine stuff. A decanter or vinituri kind of thing once a month maybe, fine, but it seems like that kind of stuff shows up way too often, for my taste anyway. People I work with who I have turned on to W.W have the same complaint. You go to the page and it’s like, “Damn! another non-wine thing”.
Oh well, don’t get me wrong, I’m still thrilled about W.W. I guess I’m a glass half-empty kind of guy.

Actually, my glass is usually completely empty, that’s why I’m always on this site. LOL!

On the normal schedule (non gift week), you get wine Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (with the Friday offer sticking over the weekend). Usually Wednesday is a “Black Tie Buy” with a more-expensive pick. Thursday is the only non-wine day. So you get wine 86% of the time :slight_smile:

:Error: :Error:

We had some wine from the Finger Lakes before.

Standing Stone Ice-Style Half-Size Three-Pack - 12/24/07 (my 1st Wine from WW)

Swedish Hill Finger Lake, NY Four-Pack - 1/15/09

So it looks like we’re due for some next year …