Micro Intelli RC UFO

I was thinking the same thing… those controls look like they could take some time to get used to. i understand the slider that goes up and down, but whats the deal with the ‘off’ button?

I picked a couple of these up for my kids for chirstmas. They were the hit of Christmas morning, bouncing off of walls, ceilings, and the tile floor. Once they got used to them, my 6 year old could have his take off, hover, and either land, or he’d catch it.

They run on IR, not radio, which makes them work better inside than outside. We took them to the park, and the didn’t do well at all.

One finally died when it hit the ceiling hard at an angle and bent the propeller shaft. The other one is still running, although it’s cracked in a couple of places, and there’s a few chunks of plastic missing.

They’re also great for still photos. Because they spin, and have their own lights, if you snap a picture in lower light, you get a neat spiral.

All in all, for $7, you can’t go wrong with these little guys. Way more durable than I had ever imagined, and loads of fun. I’d recommend getting a couple, so if one does break, bring out the next one.

I’m in for 3.

I bought three of these in the last woot offering. They all arrived with dead button batteries, which can be replaced with A76 batteries from Target, but at a HIGHER COST THAN THE DEVICE! It was $5 per pair, and the control requires three. I wonder if woot will pick up the cost of the batteries? woot?

Aside from the battery problem, these are fun. Yes, the control is only for rotor speed, but with practice you can hover, fly up and down, and with practice you can modulate power to have some rudimentary directional control! i.e. power up when it tilts one way, power down when it tilts the other way. It’s also fun to fly it into airstreams from the AC to zip across the room, then drop out and whack your friend on the head. :slight_smile:

Range is at most about 10m, but when it goes out of range it maintains the last setting for a few seconds, then cuts power so it will crash land instead of flying off into the wild blue yonder. However, as it crashes it will come back into range, so you can crank the power back on and keep it from crashing, so good design. :slight_smile:

Limitless dog entertainment fun! They are a bit delicate but I’ve been able to keep mine flying for about 2 months now. Can’t beat it for the price, and your dog will love you for it.

Got one in my BOC, its like a electric yo-yo. I’ve hovered at 14ft but it dos go higher. Don’t get to far away since it’s IR

BEWARE!!! These things are complete Crap…

I bought them last time in a 2pack (I got 4 total) 3 of the 4 were defective and Woot made me pay the shipping to return the out-of-the-box bad merchandise.

Cost me almost $15 for the experience of ownership :frowning:

I KNOW Flying Toys, I Love them and buy them All the Time… These are just poorly made POS China rejects and Woot knows it, and will leave you holding the bag for their mistake in purchasing them (maybe that’s why their less than 1/2 price from last time :wink:

i was wondering why in the sun this thing would act crazy and now i know!!!

It was posted that it is infared not RC!!!

BIG difference!!!

I gave purchased them also. They are fun and kids have a blast. I would recommend.

yes. much better price than even the WOOT OFF, but it is scaffolding. Not even a good Cat toy.

Amazon has good prices on much better units or even today’s WOOT. you will be much happier.

Meritline option:
[url=]Home - MeritLine

I got one last time they were on sale. They go up and down, unless you blow on it, then it goes that direction. They’re not cat-proof either. My cat developed a vendetta against it and i found the copter in pieces when I came home one day. It is infra-red controlled, and you have to get 8 AA batteries to charge it (no ac option)!!!

BEST thing about dealing with Amazon, they actually Have Customer Service and wouldn’t stick you with paying for shipping back THEIR Mistakes if it arrived broken.

Woot CS -> $UCKS :frowning:

Thanks for saving me the same hassles. I’m passing on this deal.

So, what you’re saying is that…it’s a 6.73.

You got basically free shipping TO you…

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Tried all 3 I got and they are fine. I don’t see how they can be controlled at the same time. Each box seems to indicate a different color/channel but any of the controllers can control all three.