Micro Remote Control Helicopter

I bought one of these before. They do not last long but they are fun while they work.

J-U-N-K

not worth the a ten spot. I have 3 of the same frequencies sitting in a box next to my desk. This thing reminds me of the cheap remote control cars you could get that would go forward, and turn one direction in reverse.

Tail rotors for this are on eBay. Search for “havoc tail rotors”.

Got mine! I’m guessing my boy will be happy unstuffing his stocking this Christmas.

JUNK!! Bought this last time it was offered. Mine flew once and would not charge up again.

Yes it really flies. And Ive gotten to where I can actually control it to an extent.

I bought two last time they had them, and i would suggest going to radio shack. When you get there buy a 9 volt DC power adapter and a panel mount jack and solder the thing together inside the controller. Then use the power adapter to power it. This prevents you from using up SIX FREAKING AA BATTERIES! And works really well.

Can it be equipped with any military ordinance?

Takes 20 minutes my foot. Mine takes about a minute to fully charge then I get the same 5 minutes of flight you mentioned.

I dont think the payload capacity of these things is more than a gram or two tops.

my cats may destroy these in like 10 mins. But it is so worth the money while it lasts.

Yes these are cool - but they’re fragile.

I recently bought one for $10 in the subway from little stand. It flew. It was cool. I crashed it quite a few times. It broke after a week. $10? Okay. More than that (like $10 + shipping) then no thanks.

The prices of these are really coming down. Check the store first.

See the two rotating blades? Can you see the really thin plastic pieces connecting the two blades to make the copter fly straight? Those break real easy. Peace.

I wish I could tell you. I ordered 3 in the last woot-off, but they shipped StupidPost and still have not arrived.

I bought one last time this came up and it was DOA. I’ve sent multiple emails to WOOT to try to return it and haven’t received a response.

YAY first WOOT!

Not impossible, just difficult since forward motion is dependent on steering control. Turning right results in forward motion to the right. You just need practice and a little patience!

For those that crash and find that it doesn’t fly correctly - check the shaft on the tail rotor to see if lint or hair has wrapped around it. If so you should be able to pull the rotor off the shaft (gently) and remove the debris.

I’ve crashed mine dozens of times, and it still files fine. I’ve gone thru a few tail rotors, but as my previous post says, you can get them easily off of eBay. If you would like to improve the stability of yours, do a search on “havoc mods”. There are lots of things you can do to these to make them more enjoyable. Yes, they are small 2-ch toys with no swash plate, so don’t expect any sort of cyclic control. But as an intro into the great world of R/C heli flying, these are a good place to start. They’re good for learning how sensitive helis are to landing. You’d be best off flying them inside over a carpeted area. You’ll be less likely to break the tail rotor, and you won’t lose IR control. If you take them outside, take them out at dusk when there’s less direct sun light, and when there is little to no wind. You’ll have zero control in the wind with such a light weight toy. Also, don’t take them up too high, as you will likely lose IR control and it will just drop like a rock. If they fall out of the sky and hit concrete, the tail rotor will likely break. I went thru 2 of these helis before I purchased a 4-ch coaxial R/C heli. Since then I have purchased a 4-ch CCPM (Cyclic/Collective Pitch Mixing) heli. I love flying them.

Sure, it will fil a stocking fine. other than that though, I would save my $$ for another woot. I got one last summer. Out of the box I was never able to get controlled flight. After a few days I gave up and let my kids have it. it was a $20 lesson to me.

I’ve heard that they can carry a pair of 500lb bombs no problem…

(Looks at today’s WOOT)

Cool, I’ve wanted one of these for a while!

(Scrolls down to see DumbPost shipping)

Never mind… Never doing a DumbPost WOOT again.

I got two the last time around and had a blast with one. I saved the other one for a stocking stuffer. I’ve been flying RC planes for about 40 years and you don’t have much control over this contraption but I had so much fun with it I’m in for two more LOL… Jimmie FZ-30… :o)

http://www.onlinephotographers.com/yabbse/