Micro Remote Control Helicopter

I wish I could tell you. I ordered 3 in the last woot-off, but they shipped StupidPost and still have not arrived.

I bought one last time this came up and it was DOA. I’ve sent multiple emails to WOOT to try to return it and haven’t received a response.

YAY first WOOT!

Not impossible, just difficult since forward motion is dependent on steering control. Turning right results in forward motion to the right. You just need practice and a little patience!

For those that crash and find that it doesn’t fly correctly - check the shaft on the tail rotor to see if lint or hair has wrapped around it. If so you should be able to pull the rotor off the shaft (gently) and remove the debris.

I’ve crashed mine dozens of times, and it still files fine. I’ve gone thru a few tail rotors, but as my previous post says, you can get them easily off of eBay. If you would like to improve the stability of yours, do a search on “havoc mods”. There are lots of things you can do to these to make them more enjoyable. Yes, they are small 2-ch toys with no swash plate, so don’t expect any sort of cyclic control. But as an intro into the great world of R/C heli flying, these are a good place to start. They’re good for learning how sensitive helis are to landing. You’d be best off flying them inside over a carpeted area. You’ll be less likely to break the tail rotor, and you won’t lose IR control. If you take them outside, take them out at dusk when there’s less direct sun light, and when there is little to no wind. You’ll have zero control in the wind with such a light weight toy. Also, don’t take them up too high, as you will likely lose IR control and it will just drop like a rock. If they fall out of the sky and hit concrete, the tail rotor will likely break. I went thru 2 of these helis before I purchased a 4-ch coaxial R/C heli. Since then I have purchased a 4-ch CCPM (Cyclic/Collective Pitch Mixing) heli. I love flying them.

Sure, it will fil a stocking fine. other than that though, I would save my $$ for another woot. I got one last summer. Out of the box I was never able to get controlled flight. After a few days I gave up and let my kids have it. it was a $20 lesson to me.

I’ve heard that they can carry a pair of 500lb bombs no problem…

(Looks at today’s WOOT)

Cool, I’ve wanted one of these for a while!

(Scrolls down to see DumbPost shipping)

Never mind… Never doing a DumbPost WOOT again.

I got two the last time around and had a blast with one. I saved the other one for a stocking stuffer. I’ve been flying RC planes for about 40 years and you don’t have much control over this contraption but I had so much fun with it I’m in for two more LOL… Jimmie FZ-30… :o)

http://www.onlinephotographers.com/yabbse/

I got one of these last time…Never worked at all…Still no response from Woot about my RMA for this. Thanks Woot!

i guess its a crap shoot… i got 2 last time and they are still flying! these things rock!

im in for 3 more! WOOT!

I just realized, this thing probably wont get here til the End of January with the Snail post and it being xmas and all… how long do things usually take with the crappy shipping? I’m up in the Pa/Ny part of the country…

Smartpost shipping. Hmmm…

Well there’s a 50/50 chance you’ll actually get them.

I ordered 3 because well, I aint too bright and I’m a glutton for punishment.

Still waiting on my MP3 players and Micro Train shipped smartpost. 3 weeks and counting.

Got 3! W007!

Wow, second time in two weeks I got three of the woot (first time was the train last saturday … with bonus Engrish!). These’ll be great for the nephews.

My very first woot after watching the page for a few weeks, Great price IMO even if it only works for a little while then Im satisfied WOOT!

The original incarnation of this little helicopter is the Silverlit PiccoZ. That cost about $40, and was absolutely stupendous. Durable, smooth, balanced. It really
worked.

Almost immediately, there were nearly identical knock-offs available, but not so
durable, smooth, and wonderful.

I had an original PiccoZ that got destroyed in
a non-flying cat accident, so I bought a replacement knock-off, and it wasn’t
so good, soon getting a main-shaft vibration that pretty much keeps it spinning. By the comments all over, I suspect the knock offs are inconsistent in quality, too.

To its credit, Air Hogs at first sold the Silverlit, but now it seems
they’re selling the knock-offs, too, as they no longer have the little Silverlit logo on
the box.

I suspect this Woot is one of the knock-offs.

these things good for my 10 year old cousins? how about an 8 year old?? i hope so, since i already got 3

A friend at college got one last time. I’m in for three now. Two will be gifts…One’s for me! Does adding a little weight to the front help at all with forward motion?

DO NOT BUY THIS! I ordered two the last time to give as gifts and they are complete crap. They are not the lightweight plastic ones that are actually fun. They are made from styrofoam. No matter how much I did the trim procedure, it still wouldn’t fly properly. It basically just scoots sideways two inches off the floor or goes in circles never leaving the ground.

Terrible gift.

I have had one of these helicopters for 1 year now. It flys absolutely fantastic. It has taken a BEATING and still keeps flying as well as the day I got it.

Note: What makes this little helicopter fun is that it doesn’t fly “perfect”. It is a little unpredictable. Also, your controls are limited, so you have to be inventive and creative to do the things you want to do. It doesn’t fly in a straight line. It isn’t supposed to.

Left and Right control rotates the copter around the central axis. That works as you would expect. Throttle causes the helicopter to lift AND move tilt forward for forward flight. To fly forward, you must be turning slightly to the right. At some point, forward flight stops and it resettles. Then you can repeat the maneuver. Therefore, the copter flys in little scalloped half-arcs across the room. If trying to fly say 10-12 feet forward, you will also gain altitude while doing this. So, you are moving forward with a scalloped, rising arc.

This toy is fun for $30. It is a steal for $10.