Microsoft 10.8" Surface 3 Tablet Bundle

Microsoft 10.8" Surface 3 Tablet Bundle

1 Like

This seems like a good deal if you don’t have high demand for processing.

There is a downside: According to several sources, this Surface cannot be upgraded to Windows 11, so that will limit its long term viability.

3 Likes

I picked one of these up on a previous woot. I really like it, use it mostly for surfing and word documents. It’s not gonna be a gaming computer, but for basic online stuff it’s not bad.

2 Likes

Can u access Google play apps on this? I need it to live view a security camera

1 Like

How much of the onboard memory is used up by the OS? Based on what you’ve said, I think this may work as a “take with me on a trip to take care of some office stuff” when I need to. Usually I just need to access some web applications (Slack, JSM, and a AWS app) and Office 365 (so I can use excel), and then I’d probably surf my social medias and emails too, so this may work for just that if I don’t download a bunch of stuff to it. I had bought another 10" laptop on here a few months back thinking I’d use it for it, but it coming in at 3lbs seems to be a bit heavier than I was thinking when throwing it in with everything else to travel. I have an android tablet, but I’m finding it doesn’t seem to work as well in doing what I need, so I was hoping a Windows one (which I’d be using a Windows computer to do it regularly) would…

1 Like

Check out the first reply by Intrepid01 here.

Looks like o/s takes up about 34.8GB. There’s a microSD slot under the kickstand. I used to use a Dell Mini 9 for the kind of things it looks like you want to do. An SD card should show up as a D: drive if you need more storage space.

3 Likes

So I got it, am typing on it now. I haven’t done a lot on it yet, but it was quick to update (had 4 quality updates, 1 driver, 3 definition, 2 other, and 1 feature to 21H2). Got my bluetooth mouse hooked up to it, it’s reading my 512gb micro SD card no problem. The quick test of an mp4 (from said SD card) played without problem, looked good (for me) and sounded good too. I remembered we had an old Asus pen hanging around and it works with it fine. Downloaded and using Opera (TBH it’s my first time, but did so on suggestion of my step dad) and the connection speed is the same as my other devices. I looked at the settings and everything was as expected (processor, ram, OS).

ETA: I opted for the “Grade A” refurb and the device itself looks great for it’s age. No major scratches, dents, etc. Tiniest lil spot on the glass, but off on the edge that is unnoticable. I can’t even be 100% sure that it wasn’t just a gunk I couldn’t get off. [/edit]

My only criticism so far is the keyboard. It works, and the keys aren’t worn, but when I took it out, it was a bit dirty on the back. It had food crumbs on it (I didn’t take a picture of that b/c I figured it was like “dust” and would just wipe off). As I was wiping it off w/ a baby wipe, I realized it had something brown coming off of it. So I kept wiping and it kept coming. It appears the keyboard was not cleaned (as evidenced by the crumbs) and had (suspected) coffee spilled on or around it. The edges of the keyboard are still drawing out brown but after numerous runs, not as much. I’ve attached a photo of the first few baby wipes I used to rub it off, and of a paper towel I let try to pull it out overnight. The way that it’s mostly the edges my suspicion is the coffee was spilled by/around the keyboard and not directly on it.

2 Likes

Uhm, yuck. Feel free to reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

I’m on my second one. First one had a loose charging port but what was worse was windows 10 was stuck in the blue screen boot loop of death (returned it) second one is fine!!! Chose the quality a reverb and great condition and very nice. Not for gaming but replace old home PC. Love woot customer service on the exchange!!!

Mine does well monitoring ring… I downloaded the free ring app from Microsoft store.

1 Like

Normally, I don’t worry about refurbs, but I didn’t have a great experience in buying this one from Woot. My battery exploded and I lost everything. (Pictured on old cookie sheet I threw it on to set outside in case of fire) YMMV.

1 Like

Egads. Did you contact microsoft? The one I see that you bought was new.

Ugh, mine arrived today seemingly unable to charge and the screen looks messed up for the half-second it tried to boot up (area circled in red).

Boooooo woot, boooooooo.

Really?? I could have sworn I bought it refurb. Wow, that’s even worse I suppose! But no, I haven’t contacted anyone… I wasn’t sure what my options are, or how to proceed.

I’m sorry. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

Just received my refurbished Surface 3, and it appears the provided charging adapter is not able to provide adequate power to charge the device after two days of charging. It says it’s plugged in (Power mode: (plugged in), however the battery percentage drops it the item is simply on and not running anything but Windows. The keyboard is not attached, there are no USB devices. Disappointing.

I’m so sorry. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

2 Likes

Does the “no keyboard” option not include the Microsoft Surface 3 Type Cover?

Correct.

I just randomly got a package w/ a wall charger (quick charge) and USB cord that appears to come from the company that fulfilled this order (IIRC the return address from the order). Anyone else? I feel like between some of the threads I recall someone having a faulty charger (or maybe it was Quaakck’s port post I’m thinking of). TBF my charger it came with did seem a lil iffy (couldn’t even tell if it was charging well, it was either REALLY slow, or not charging but said it was, I didn’t try it much) but I didn’t ask for a replacement. I just used other micro charging cables I had, and ended up just getting one off amazon b/c I wanted one with the indicator light. Either way it’s still a happy little surprise from someone trying to make something right (if that’s what it is)

1 Like