Microsoft 13.5" i5 Surface Laptop 2 (NEW)

Microsoft 13.5" i5 Surface Laptop 2 (NEW)

This is a solid laptop. Bought the first gen i5 about 1.5 years ago for 500. These laptops are currently inflated in price. Don’t buy it if you don’t absolutely need it. It’s not a deal that will age well.

No WIFI AX…No deal…I have upgraded a router to an access point with ax…Some of my phones have the new ax chip set…So I am getting a sense of the improvement…

Working on upgrading one of two WIFI desktops…Expect 2X to 3X speed improvement…

These computers will be very much lower by the 1st Quarter…

A “balanced” system is only as fast as its weakest link…And that is clearly the WIFI speed…

I agree that it is expensive but every decent laptop with a touchscreen is expensive right now. Who knows when they are going to come back down in price? AX might be a big deal you, but 95% of the general population doesn’t have the current infrastructure to take advantage of it currently and 80% will not even notice in 5 years. The 8 gigs of RAM is going to affect most people a lot more than the 800 meg max speed of AC.

The Win10 Home kills it for me, if they had Pro I might consider.

Why the fixation on AX? There are hardly any APs that support it yet and existing technology exceeds the speed of most home internet connections.

I was able to buy an ASUS router for $99…stictly for the purpose of adding it to the network in an access point/ mesh configuration…

For $99…babysteps…For $29…The WIFI desktops…3 or the 4 phones in my house moved over to 5G that have the AX chipset…It is real…

I am not saying go out and change your main router at $400ish over…Do not be that early adopter and get scalped for $$$…Especaily with 6E coming out…But incremental upgrades and patience in purchasing should be the thought with the new standards arriving…

People can make there own decisions…They should be aware of the positives and the negatives why these units that appear to be an OK price are and can be a “negative” if thinking medium to longer term…