Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite

Welcome to the Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite topic page for Tuesday, April 19th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

More Bluetooth :?
If Woot is a clearinghouse for older stuff, it makes you wonder if Bluetooth isn’t already a dying technology.

Looks like it might be good for a HTPC, should work accross the room.

$130 new @ NewEgg,
A reviewer @ Newegg said it will not work in XP without SP2 installed, this could be a showstopper for some

Does anyone know if this will work with a Pocket PC?
(Axim x30)

If you don’t need much range, the Logitech Cordless MX Duo can be had for half this price. (I’m using one now, and it’s a nice set.) But if you want more than eight feet of range, bluetooth is the way to go.

woot!!

coulda used this deal about 6 months ago…

Peteromans - please don’t spam!

Nice Keyboard.

I want another set of 5.1 Mystery Speakers!!!

woot!!

Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite
Chairman of the (Key)boards
$79.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Time was when the only cool keyboards around were the kind you could play “Axel F Theme” and “Jump” on, the kind with 192 pre-programmed rhythm tracks that all sound dopey and cornball. But roll over, Herbie Hancock, and tell Rick Wakeman the news: Microsoft is here to Bluetooth us all into keyboard nirvana. Yes, the keyboard in this set is wireless, so you can strap it over your shoulder like a keytar if you absolutely insist. Yes, it syncs with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, duh. Yes, it’s ergonomically designed, so no more “sick days” because your poor, trembling wrists are suffering some undiagnosable malady. (Sorry.) And yes, the deep blue and black colors of its casing will make you seem like a complex, troubled, stylish iconoclast.

But it also boasts new tilt-wheel functionality for enhanced, accelerated scrolling through documents and Web pages. Multitasking like the coffee achiever you are? Depress the wheel to toggle between open windows. It’s a snap, it’s a breeze, you’ll do it all with ease. As if that wasn’t enough, the lucky owners of this bundle will also receive a 5-button Bluetooth optical mouse with all the same tilt-wheel snazz and three times the battery life of that dull old mouse you’re using now. Put away the Casio there, Mr. Flock of Seagulls – this is the keyboard of the hour.

Product Features:
Condition – Refurbished, white box
Microsoft part M54-00013
Multimedia center
Bluetooth wireless connectivity with other Bluetooth devices
Wirelessly synchronize your calendar, contacts, and more
Side-to-side tilt wheel scrolling on both mouse and keyboard
Optical mouse with longer battery Life
State-of-the-art optical mouse tracking technology delivers greater accuracy and control
Application switching between open documents by pushing down on scroll wheel
5 programmable buttons on mouse; 2 side buttons let you move forward and back in your Internet browser
Cushioned palm rest has comfortable feel of leather
Multimedia hot keys let you control multimedia with the touch of a button
One-touch F-keys for commonly used functions, plus 5 customizable keys
Sleep hot key (depending on computer’s OS and power management capabilities)
Requires 5 AA Batteries (3 keyboard, 2 mouse - not included)

Thought I’d try and make first page, just this once. :slight_smile:

WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!!

Don’t need one :slight_smile:

I think i’ll get one :smiley:

Wow… awesome price for this combo !!!

BEST PRICE ON FROOGLE - $109 and I believe that was a refurb also.

Here’s a review - http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_Optical_Desktop_Elite_for_Bluetooth/4505-3134_7-31139282.html?subj=Microsoft+Optical+Desktop+Elite+for+Bluetooth&tag=feed∂=ecoustics-cnet

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com … Great deals, coupon codes and freebies

Yawn.

so many buuetooth items on the market. Could use but will stick with wired boards. Less convenient but a lot cheaper. Froogle = $110

http://www.craigandjamiearepoor.com

OG…hmmmmmmmm :shock:

I’ll pass on this one. My $2 mouse and $5 keyboard are still holding out.

overkill mouse/keyboard combo of DOOOM

dunno how the battery life is tho

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=1100830&cid=52964&fp=F

REFURBISHED = $59 at overstock

$75 brand new at buy.com

BOOOOOOOO-t

EDIT: (nevermind…) someone pointed out that these (above) units are NOT bluetooth.

Wow, $85 for keyboard and mouse just seems obsurd, even with great specs…

I’ll keep my Logitech :twisted:

Hey Diem those aren’t the Bluetooth versions, those are regular wireless :stuck_out_tongue: The Bluetooth version at buy.com is $122.99 :roll: