Microsoft Streets and Trips 2005 with GPS Locator

wow! this is 129.99 at office depot.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005 with GPS Locator
$49.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Microsoft Street and Trips 2005 with GPS Locator B17-00175

does it work on a mac?

a map really? these are free online

I have 2006, and so as long as you don’t mind getting everywhere a year early this is a pretty good deal.

Last time I checked we’re in the year 2006. Who wants old software?

Great product. Already have it.

Sorry, tried it. It could get lost easier than I could.

Can’t believe I left a party early for this…

Who doesn’t have a built in nav these days?

Oh well… not bad for the price but I think I’ll pass

Will this work with NetStumbler / Kismet / Etc? Great wardriving posibilities.

I have this on my work laptop and it works great. I paid over $50 just for the GPS receiver. The software is around $40 alone.

what is the cost of upgrading to 2006?

www.maps.google.com

all, it is almost July in 2006 now…

2005 ???

booo…microsoft streets and trips doesn’t offer up to date turn by turn assistance, for that reason I would not buy it. Does anyone know of any other good software other than tomtom?

Great Product! I was just using it a few minutes ago planning my trip to St. Louis.
Just plug in the usb GPS receiver while using Streets and trips and bingo bango there you are.

It is very helpful and I use it all of the time. This price is GREAT. Although I think I bought it off Ebay last year for 40 bucks.

You guys do know it’s he middle of the year 2006!

I bought one.

Before you freak out and say “This is a year old”. The GPS device used in 2005 and 2006 is exactly the same. 2006 does have some upgraded GPS stuff but you can buy it for $20 or… you know… you don’t have to buy it.

Well, this might be worth it just for the usb GPS. Unfortunately I just bought Streets and Trips 2006 a couple weeks ago, at 100.00. The gps works great, but the map, routing, and points of interest functions are all horrible. The information for the city i live in (about 60,000 people) is horribly out of date by several years, and so I’m hesitant to trust it in other cities when I’m travelling.