Microsoft Surface Duo Dual-Screen AT&T LTE Tablets (Open Box)

Microsoft Surface Duo Dual-Screen AT&T LTE Tablets (Open Box)

is it possible to make it work with T mobile or Verizon GSM sim cards?

According to the orange note on the sale page:

Important Note: These units are locked to AT&T and cannot be unlocked for use with any other carriers.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

thanks

I have one of these and I’m using it on Verizon. The only thing you don’t get is wi-fi calling.

I mean, I know that they’ve been sold in the past, and people have gotten them unlocked, as seen here (for instance), but maybe Woot doesn’t want to promise that they can be unlocked?

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

Yeah back when we were trying to even get them unlocked in the first place, there were still a few snafu’s. Sometimes MS would get the unlock code wrong and one number would need to be changed. I don’t doubt that still happens. And of course at any time AT&T can just say nope, we can’t do it, and force you to contact MS. If that happens to you, you should make sure to get an AT&T case # first, as that seemed to be a big thing MS wanted before you contact them with any unlocking issue.

So yeah, it’s just easier for woot to say it’s not possible, rather than explain that is possible, but may not work all the time, and if it doesn’t then you have to do more work to get it unlocked :-/