Microsoft Surface Pen + Tip Kit Bundle

1 Like

Got mine today, plastic bag inside small manilla envelope and no tip kit. Just the pen.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. Unless tips come separate…hard to fathom why

Hi there. Sorry about the missing tips. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

Looks like these are actually refurbished…

2 Likes

Got mines today. It’s definatwly refurbish and mine had a vinly brush metal overlay. Wth?

1 Like

Hi there. An email is going out shortly (if not already) about the pens being refurbished and the tips being new, open box.

Sorry for the error in the sale.

1 Like

mine arrived today and from the feel of it they have tips. I was hoping when people said their pens were coming in third party packaging there would be an explanation other than it’s a refurb. It’s an extremely competitive deal, even as a refurb but condition is one of the only metrics and determining price. It’s impossible to really know if you would have made the purchase originally if it had been refurbished.

But human error is inevitable, and I’ve made my share :slight_smile:

I just opened mine. How many generations of surface pen are there? I thought there was only one generation before the slim, which I already own and it’s different than this pen.

The pen I got has a big external piece that can clip onto a shirt which isn’t on my other surface pen that I got from Best buy.

Is it possible this is a fake or something? Edit: or it might be the 2012 version, which I think would be outdated for contemporary surface devices.

The button placement is also radically different.

I think this might be generic or the 2012 surface pen, which according to the Wikipedia article has been renamed to the ‘pro pen.’

I have to be honest I didn’t even know there was a surface pen from 2012.

Okay I searched by the volume number which to give credit was there the whole time.

But at a glance I thought for sure it was the 2017 pen. As I noted I didn’t even realize that this version of the pen existed. You can also find a couple used versions for $23 on Amazon.

So this is a Microsoft surface pen. It’s not generic or fake it’s just old and not well known (by me). One article I read said this pen doesn’t support tilt mode on some surface devices although I don’t know what that means.

1 Like

I bought this because it was listed as “new.” Woot then emailed to say it was actually “open box” but should be in like new condition, so they offered a $5 refund. As long as it’s like new condition, I was still fine with it. The pen arrived today and it is nowhere near “like new.” It is is very heavily used and had actually been wrapped in a weird foil tape to hide the condition of the pen underneath. This is nowhere near as advertised and I would not be interested in it at any price. Now I have to return it–what a waste of time.

Now that you have the pen, will it still work on the Surface Duo? Just want to make sure before I screw up my Duo lol. Thanks

1 Like

@ThunderThighs what are these supposed to be bc my email for the $5 said open box new too, not refurbished. There is a big difference in the 2 options.

Mine came in a small Manila envelope with the pen inside a small plastic bag - I honestly have no idea if I got what I thought I bought as I am brand new to the SP

@WooterWootsWendy how about yours?

The pen is refurbished.

The tips are new, open box.

If you have further question, feel free to reach out to CS. :smiley:

1 Like

Same. Customer Service was very helpful to me.