Microsoft Surface Studio 28" All-In-One Bundle

Microsoft Surface Studio 28" All-In-One Bundle

Woot, are you sure about the specs, price, and condition? List MSRP price for this specific model is $4,199.99 not $2899.00. The lowest price, in new condition, at any retailer is ~$3200… If this listing is accurate, this is an amazing deal.

Wondering how we can tell this is “newest version” versus “1st Gen” model? Specs sure do imply newest version.

Based on the processor and hard drives listed, this is a 1st gen unit, not the new 2nd gen. 1st gen used an i7-6820HQ processor, and a standard hard drive, with an additional, smaller SDD. The 2nd gen Surface Studio uses the Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ processor, and is only available with larger SSD’s.

It would have been nice for the description to clarify which Surface Studio this is, though as the new one is named the Surface Studio 2, and the original had no such numeral moniker, Woot can be forgiven for listing only its actual product name.

1 Like

@skunkmonkey, thank you for your tech advice and wisdom, great help since I am so tempted … but will hold off, I would do it on impulse if it was the latest and greatest. MS’s described upgrades from version 1 to 2 are so significant that this would have to be far lower price point to compromise.

Rumor has it that Microsoft will also be releasing a 24" and 28" version of just the monitor/tablet portion of the new Suface Studio 2, later this year, which can be linked to any desktop or laptop capable of running it, to compete with the Wacom Cintiq. As the internals in either the 1st or 2nd gen Surface Studio cannot be upgraded, that seems like a much better prospect to me.

But I agree, for a 1st gen unit, this deal would need to be set at a better price in order to be compelling for purchase.

This is a $4200 computer for $2500… -$1700 isn’t enough?

1 Like

Refurb on Amazon is $400 less, but only 90 day warranty.
Your thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Studio-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07F9WXHNQ/ref=asc_df_B07FB141WR/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726542398350&th=1

my opinion? I’d go new over refurb just about every time. This on one Woot is new, and to configure a comparable studio (new 2nd gen ones have upgraded parts so not exactly a 1:1 comparison) would cost you $4800, so you’re getting almost half off when comparing to the new new one. Of course there are differences, but this is a significant discount on a Surface product far beyond any discount I have seen.

1 Like

This is a 1st gen Surface Studio, so it is not a $4200 machine. The new 2nd gen one can be built up to that price point, but not the older, slower, less capable 1st gen.

It isn’t the current 2nd generation $4200 unit, it’s 1st generation as others have mentioned. Likely this is regular retail or near that price, essentially not a Woot. By not compromising I mean, not going backwards in tech specs at a cost of $2500+.

My SSD APPEARS TO BE MISSING.