Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

I have this same mouse. Got it for $10 at the Walmarts. Scroll wheel isn’t that great (middle click doesn’t always work) and it’s somewhat big for a mouse. Battery life is good. Someday I plan on replacing it with another discount mouse. All in all it gets the job done.

I have one that’s sitting in my spare parts bin now. The range was terrible. I’d say 4-6 feet. Definitely not the one to get if you want to use it across a room. Good for relieving wire congestion at your desk, though.

Can anyone tell me if the mouse has two buttons on the side for Forward and Back functions?

Anyone have the details on the radio? What frequency?

I have a few other wireless devices around (apart from WLAN), so I like to know if I’m buying something on a competing portion of the broadcast spectrum.

Kind of unrelated but…
Do you see the folding@home banner in that poster’s signature (from the ps3forums site link you provided)? If you check the properties of the image, you’ll see that it’s being hosted on my Google site (my woot name is lionelhuts and so is my Google site for proof).

PS3Forums.com Folding@Home Team FTW!

Oh, and yes this (the MS keyboard and mouse combo) will work with the PS3.

How many buttons on the mouse?

So its still cheaper on woot by $1, and if you get 3, its cheaper by $17…

The one you linked to contains an optical mouse, not laser. Here is an in depth review that talks briefly about the difference.

http://techgage.com/article/microsoft_wireless_laser_desktop_4000/

I have this setup on my media center computer at home. It works well. The keyboard will work almost 20 feet away, but the mouse cuts out after about 6-8 feet.

Its still not bad, since I’m using it within that range.

Don’t blame PS3Forums for the link to your picture, blame the poster(NeKromantik).

Anyone can do it… see!

it has left-click and right-click button, and back and forward on each side.

I dug a little deeper. The big differences between the Newegg OEM 4000s and the Woot 4000: The Newegg OEMs are 3 button optical mice. The Woot refurb is a five button laser and has Vista certification.

I just need something to periodically get into my TiVo server box. If the Woot was $5-10 cheaper I might’ve said yes. Went with the egg instead. Thanks for that heads-up Aaron385!

I wasn’t blaming anyone actually :). I was just trying to show that it was a coincidence that he posted a link to a person that is on my folding@home team. I give out those banners for PS3forums.com F@H people to use for free:
NameBright - Coming Soon

OEM != not new, OEM = not retail packaging. And who needs to pay extra for the retail packaging?

This is like comparing Yugos and Lamborghinis, but if you game, the Logitech G-15 is the way to go. I’ve had this keyboard for almost 2 years and no problems. You’re in Macro heaven (3 sets of 18 Macro buttons gives you… carry the 2… gives you 54 dedicated Macro keys) and it’s got the backlight keys if you like to play in the dork… I mean Dark. Also if you use Teamspeak or Vent, the LCD will show you who joins your channel, so you can stop ripping on the guild master before he drops you. Just my 2¢ for the gamers out there. I’ve never used this wireless set before.

hey!! I’m a David in Houston too!!

Nice Woot. Was waiting for such deals.

So what you guys are saying is, if you’re buying it for the keyboard, this is no deal anyway?

Gee, If I were a bettin man, and I ain’t, I’d bet you can get 30 maybe 40 miles from this sucker and still be able to listen to the radio. Maybe even more. Who knows? Depends on what radio you listen to I reckon.

Billy “Knot a Bettin Man” Karo

I’m really stoked about the “USB Trasnceiver” I’ve never heard of one of those before.