Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer with Fingerprint Reader

Government statistics show that due to the continued offerings of wireless peripherals via the website “Woot.com,” every house in America now contains on average 2.73 wireless mice per household. This eclipses the number of children in the average home according to the 2004 census which was 2.6. This shows that Americans are moving away from the traditional single family household, and are embracing technology over children. It is assumed that in due time Microsoft and Logitech wireless mice will replace children in every household in America, ultimately leading to the end of procreation and the downfall of mankind. While skynet was assumed to be the computer that brought an end to humanity, it turns out woot.com brought the end to us all.

In other words woot, can we get a break from the mice? Thanks, me.

hmm… i’m not really sure i understand the point of the touch pad login… wouldn’t that just discourage people from actually remembering their passwords? what happens when the sensor stops working - as it inevitably will? that’s a lot of non-recoverable data or a big, big hassle.

no thanks.

Dont buy this if you plan on logging into a domain. MS fingerprint scanners do not allow you to login to your workstation if you are joined to a domain. It will still remember passwords for you (such as those that are web based) but it will not let you authenticate to a domain with your finger print. The APC one should.

These are pretty cool but they don’t work my mac

All the info posted is on the DG3-00004.

THe only info I can find on the DG3-00002 is on european sites…

lol almost thought about it till i read this and realized how true it might be… neat concept though…

good price too… woot!

I’m pretty sure it does - ms mice always come with mac os drivers and software.

I read you can defeat this with play-do or at least silly putty. Certainly with the right severed finger.

Not bad-- Personally I am getting tired of to many passwords
Does this work for the Woot! password?

Oh the delicious irony of buying a security product that assists you in using another product that riddled with security holes. If this product really helped you have a more secure browsing experience, it would simply launch Firefox when you touched it.

Does anyone have any information about using this on OS X or *nix?

MAC Users:

Computer/Operating System:

Mac OS X v10.2–10.3 (excluding Mac OS X v10.0–10.1)	

Hard Disk Space:

15 MB of available hard-disk space	

Other:

CD-ROM drive
An available Universal Serial Bus (USB) port

• If you are using Macintosh OS X, Magnifier enlarges text and images on the entire screen

*Standard optical technology = mouse products with .35 microns or older CMOS technology

Woot…i have an idea. How about selling a retina scanning keyboard to go with this mouse??? eh eh eh. Think about the possibilities! Not only could Microsoft know your personal information and computer name, they could also keep track of and know your finger and retina prints. How much would the US PD pay for that data? Microsoft…give me a call! I know you have my number.

Will it work with Firefox 1.5???

Nope.

Dang… It must be true! Woot pulled my message which said…

“Not a bad woot if you’re not worried about Microsoft having your finger print…you know they transmit it back to HQ!!! Don’t fool yourself.”

Thanks for your help! Can you tell us where you are quoting from, and why this is talking about Magnifier?

This was quoted from Microsoft.com

I have the mouse, only the wireless mouse
my sister got it for 10 dollars and it’s working great but just a little heavy
but not that heavy, but everything else is great about it
i used rechargable batteries and they last me really long time
maybe like every moonth i charge it once, with using it everyday

Logitech V200 has a 30 ft range and the battery lasts a year, so far. A MUCH better buy. Who cares about a finger reader if it has a 30 ft range.