Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro

I got mine. Good condition. Works mostly.
Except the mouse squeeks. No kidding.
The left mouse button occasionally makes a loud, annoying squeeking noise.
I guess I know why this item was originally returned.
I’m not sure yet if I want to dare taking it apart…

[color=darkblue:ee5d183812][b]Hey people… now that I’m kicking myself for buying a similar keyboard elsewhere a few days ago (in my pre-wootish days)… I’m just wondering what the selling price for this puppy was? I wanna know how hard to kick myself, I guess.

Cheers! The ywamer[/b][/color]

Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I tried to buy the keyboard that they were selling and they sent me a cheap scanner. I sent the scanner back and they said that they were going to resend the keyboard and never did. Meanwhile, I contacted my credit card company and they said that Woot.com tried to bill me twice for the keyboard that I never received. Needless to say, it is disputed. I have tried to contact Woot many times about this and I do not get a response. Please everyone - do not deal with them. They will take advantage of you. I have given them at least 3 warnings for them to respond without me posting a message about it on this board but I think it is time to tell people about it now.

I found out why my mouse responded intermittently. I replaced the NiMH rechargeable batteries (1.2v) that I originally used with alkaline batteries (1.5v) and the mouse works flawlessly now. No need to contact MS for now, but I am disappointed that nobody responded to my question :frowning:

This place rocks! They sent me a replacement for the defective unit and did not even ask for the old one in return. I’m sure this is not a practice they will do all the time but it’s really nice to see a seller stand up and deliver. Regarding the basher on these boards, I wonder what their motive is :cry:

I see you all bellyaching, but it’s freaking $29 for a WIRELESS keyboard and MOUSE!! So what that the mouse squeaks, the keyboard alone is well worth it. I couldn’t find a better natural keyboard for less than $50…

how mcuh was this item? i think when someone starts a post for a particular topic, they should list the price it was at

I missed this item, what a pity

These keyboards are refurbs! They have dust, hair, some grime on them!! I sold one to a customer as new, and now my reputation is tarnished. Oh, and the keyboard doesn’t work to top it off.

I’m very disappointed in woot, and of course I can’t get my money back right?

well, we won’t charge you extra for the grime at least.

in all seriousness, depending on when you bought the item (presumably it was a later release and not this thread) you may have valid attack plan for the guys at rma@woot.com. we don’t have anyone left unhappy with previous batches, although we did experience a few cases of refurb/used-like conditions. Let them know that it was really disgusting orange cheetos grime and hair from an ugly smelly person for the best results.

[quote user=“locksmith9”]These keyboards are refurbs! They have dust, hair, some grime on them!! I sold one to a customer as new, and now my reputation is tarnished. Oh, and the keyboard doesn’t work to top it off.

I’m very disappointed in woot, and of course I can’t get my money back right?[/quote]

how do we know if any of the item is left or not and how do we buy it :?:

you can’t buy past items. woot only sells one item per day, so if you miss an item, you just miss it unless they get some more and sell them on another later date. it’s all in the faq on the “woot?” link up at the top.

Ohhhmygoshhhh!!! This is so addictive, I hope my husband does not find out how much $$$$$ we are out of .SSSHHHH

[quote user=“locksmith9”]These keyboards are refurbs! They have dust, hair, some grime on them!! I sold one to a customer as new, and now my reputation is tarnished. Oh, and the keyboard doesn’t work to top it off.

I’m very disappointed in woot, and of course I can’t get my money back right?[/quote]

There’s goes your whole Ebay feedback rating, huh? :lol:

nice one today guys!

This is 1/3 the price I paid at Fry’s 2 months ago. It’s a great deal - I’m taking 1 for my office and 1 for a friend that’s been drooling over the one I have at home. Thanks, woot – keep the incredible deals coming!

So I purchased one of these keyboards…how is it going to be shipped and how can I check on the progress of my order?

Thanks.

Bret

we’ll get this added:

Q: What are my shipping options and how can I track my order?

A: Currently, your shipping options are limited. An item can ship if you order it, or not ship if you don’t. We will ship by common carrier and try to stick with the same service for most items. Right now, we are making Fed-Ex happy, but depending on a particular item, we could change to save cost. Regardless of shipping method, you will get a tracking email once your order ships.

***actually the tracking email isn’t automated yet in the woot code, but it will be by tomorrow. In the meantime, we will draw straws and manually send out monday and tuesdays tracking info. It sure had better be running by tomorrow because no one is going to enjoy sending 1000+ emails for these keyboard/mouse sets that are shipping today :?

Won’t let me place order. Booooooo :frowning:

but we hope to add abug reporting topic here in the community for potential compatibility issues to be discussed.

We are expanding compatibility and fixing minor bugs as they are found. Have orders flowing in so don’t think it’s mainstream problem. Feel free to list your brower version/OS so we can check out the issue. I’ll try to get a programmer to check it out if you do. Either that or have a buddy order 2 keyboards and give you one as a woot.com finders fee :wink: