Microsoft Zune 8GB Digital Player

I own a Zune 120, and I’m thinking of picking one of these up for the gym and motorcycle. I’ve had the 120 for almost 2 years and it’s given me nothing but joy.

The interface on these things are nice to look at and are probably the easiest to navigate out of any player out there. The software is just as awesome. The Zune software gives you some sweet eye candy while not being laggy. Looking at album covers is much more intuitive than looking at a spreadsheet.

Highly recommend.

Some reviews:

cnet

Computer Shopper

zunerama

Well, my iPod video 5.5 gen that I got here on woot is going on Craigslist … momma’s got her a pink Zune on the way!!!

Tempting, but I have a Zune HD and a Zune 30 (upgraded to a Zune 100).
These are great for audiobooks from Audible.
I know the new zune software supports Xvid video, but not positive on this model though.

figures, the reds sold out :frowning:

[QUOTE=Razta, post:24, topic:295190]
Tempting, but I have a Zune HD and a Zune 30 (upgraded to a Zune 100).
These are great for audiobooks from Audible.
I know the new zune software supports Xvid video, but not positive on this model though.[/qu

OK, you got me. I have a 30 and want to known how you made it a 100.

[QUOTE=jroth420]

I imagine he used something like this.

Yes! Shipping today.

Shipping Update

Microsoft Zune 8GB Digital Player has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

I got my pink zune via fedex today, but unfortunately, it will not power on :frowning: It’s been charging for over an hour and it still won’t turn on … I hope to god I didn’t get a busted zune.

It’s working! It’s working! It’s working!

Okay, I’m thinking maybe these bad boys have been sitting on the shelf too long. Mine’s been charging for almost 4 hours and it’s still only partially charged (the manual says it charges in 2 hours). Hopefully it won’t have battery issues. But in the meantime, I’m just stoked that it’s working :slight_smile:

Mine was received this morning and also is not powering on. I am not even getting a “charging” screen- I’ve contacted woot and zune, zune says that my warranty on this expired on December 22nd of 2009! They don’t even make the 8gb any more, so these are OLD units! I’m currently trying to dispute my warranty with Zune and hopefully they will renew it for me.

Mine has been plugged in for about 30-40 minutes and not even a sign of life yet :frowning: Hopefully mine has the same responses yours does! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, mine was plugged in for about 2 hours before I could even get the screen to come on. Hopefully yours will come on too. I did notice that the woot posting showed a 90 day woot warranty (instead of manufacturer warranty), so I’m not surprised that Zune won’t honor their warranty. I’m considering spending $13.99 to get the 3 year Square Trade warranty on it.

Hope you get yours working! Now that mine is working, I love it :slight_smile:

I charged both of mine since saturday and they won’t hold a charge. I brought one into work to charge from the usb on my monitor but after 4 hours it only shows the low battery indicator. Looks as if i’m going to need to request a RMA.

RMA request sent.

If your having issues with charging your Zune, check out this link Xbox Official Site: Consoles, Games, and Community | Xbox for some hopefully helpful information. If your still having problems, then send us an email service@woot.com

I guess I must have too many usb woot-off lights on my computer. I was able to charge my Zune’s with a wall-wart, but none of my computers/laptops could charge these. It’s funny though, my old 30gb Zune with the harddrive in it charges fine.

I have the same exact problem. Zune won’t charge and warranty was expired. This was supposed to be a gift, now I’m screwed. Thanks woot.

Update: It started to turn on and charge. I called Microsoft to try to renew the warranty expiration because the product on woot was listed as new. They want me to send in a copy of the order or receipt. I wasn’t shipped with a packing order or a receipt. I’m hoping they will accept a print of the email order confirmation. Damn you woot. I’m very dissatisfied right now.

This seems to be a common issue with the Zune.
(I too am experiencing the same issues with the battery)
Here are some suggestions from a Zune blogg/bb:
http://tinyurl.com/2d75axs

New? Mine has obviously been opened and resealed? Anyone else notice this before opening theirs? Is it possible that this is a factory recert that is sold as new?

It is working after a 2.5 hour charge.