Midnight Mobile Madness: March 8th - March 11th, 2021

$1 hoof picks coming back soon

4 Likes

My grill came today too! :tada:

Damn, I ordered some charcoal, but didnt think about tools…

3 Likes

TYVM for including the banana for scale :wink: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Damn. I need to get charcoal. Maybe I’ll check reviews for briquettes. Such a small BBQ wouldn’t need very much I’d think.

4 Likes

Hiya Dave!

2 Likes

Ugh, I got tools in a boc last year and gave them away! I mean, they were huge, so probably too big to use on this fun-size grill, but… I had them. I let them go. On the other hand, I’m pretty sure I still have a set of woot! branded cedar planks somewhere…

4 Likes

I’m here. No beer. Tie-red, go to bed.
Fry Day, seafood Bay, tomorrow is another day.
Sweet Dreams, No means, Smile Big, do a jig, pass along a favorite song, send the lyrics, sing along, paint a rock, wash your socks, hold a hand, walk some land, count your blessing, forget your messings, be kind to someone new, watch an animal at the zoo. Binge on Heartland, make a new friend, read a book, have someone cook. Say Please and thanks. Eat beans & Frank’s, doodle a pic, take your pick, enjoy the day …it’s the only way.
:purple_heart: Weirdo Wen strikes again.

4 Likes

So no midnight dollar deal?

1 Like

Dave you should check out lump charcoal. Lasts longer, burns hotter, less ash to clean and the food tastes better. Costs a little more but worth the extra.

6 Likes

As long as the lumps are small.
It really is a small BBQ.
I’ll check it out. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi Wendy! :duck:

3 Likes

I remember reading a rather detailed review for another small grill. They commented that other reviews complained about this or that, but they weren’t using enough briquettes. He started with 18 and it wasn’t enough. He ended up using somewhere between 30-36.

Top review for the Cuisinart mini grill:

"The third complaint I read on Amazon is that the grill never got hot enough and the food did not cook. To be fair, I experienced the same problem my first time cooking on it. Rather than waste the burger, a couple of hot dogs, and veggies, I simply gave up on that cook, brought the semi-cooked food into the house, and finished it on the stove. On a side note, I still had that AWESOME charcoal flavor, so the grill did cook it. A little. I realized as I brought the food in that the problem is NOT the grill. It was the fact that I didn’t use enough charcoal. I made the mistake of only mostly covering the bottom grate to see how much charcoal to use, then transferred the unlit coals to a Weber chimney my Dad gave me. But when the coals turned white, and I poured them in, they had lost some of their volume, so they no longer really covered the bottom grate. Aha! There was my problem. By the way, using standard sized, Kingsford Briquettes for that first quasi-failed cooking attempt, I knew I was going to write this review, so I actually counted them. So that first cooking I only used 18 briquettes. As I said, it turns out, the problem was that wasn’t enough.

So today I almost doubled it. I think I used 32 briquettes. In the end, that was fine. Using my thick, 3/4 pound burger as my acid test, it took the standard 3-4 minutes per side before the burger was a nice medium rare and seared perfectly on the outside. Hot dogs and veggies were likewise great."

Right below that review is a 1 star review saying they used 8 briquettes. :joy:

3 Likes

Eight briquettes? Oh, goodness. People are so fun.

2 Likes

Got a Portuguese keyboard also and really when bought I was like Portuguese well what ever $1.07 why not. Must I mention all these $1 items will either cost a bit more to ship or just don’t seem logical for ones current geographical location. The oil deal I just dosed off early and missed it altogether.

Whats the fancy name for the person who assist with hotel guests who arrive with luggage? Its early I can’t spell begins with C anyway. Guest or visitor -C- followed by Yellow’s sentence as description of such position.

(Oh and eventually I’ll deal with your P.M. There’s a queue which I need to deal with first) For those who can’t read chicken scratch.

My wife started watching Heartland. I know nothing about it. She also is binging Vapire Diaries lately as its an older show. Secretly I know she likes it for character Stefan.

1 Like

I don’t even like Santa bringing me lumps of coal. If lumps, briquettes or charcoal doesn’t seen practical you could always use red rock lava. I loved my old Duncan propane grill since it used Briquettes. My newest 5 burner which replaced it is over kill except for when lots of company is over. Yes, only has happened a few times since early 2020.

What are you also cooking with propane?

Now your actually really cooking with no gas.

I’m a reseller and originally just felt I was gonna sell this to a coworker since shipping cost would either cut into profits or be less profitable if buyer paid such shipping cost.

After reading you don’t even have Prime. I feel bad for you that your not feeling fortunate. I will just send this Basics Charcoal Grill to you if you pay me a small $5 and get a prepaid label for 13.30 lbs product with outter 3.70 lbs = 17 lbs Total weight and Dimensions of 26x22x17. Now, if you feel comfortable and it actually will save you shipping cost. I could send it without outter Amazon over box to save 3 lbs of weight and Dimensions of 21x21x9. Let me know and if agreed PM me.