Midway 12 Game Tabletop Classic Arcade System

can’t be real

Robotron 2084 , defender, and defender 2 , joust, are all williams games.

centipede was atari.

I actually own this. paid 250 for it from a close out store.

Here is my take on it:
fun games - older but fun some are hard to play (defender& defender 2) most are not. screen is on the smaller side graphics a bid less than desired.
This is not full size arcade game (shorter)
we solved this by placing it on a table

not a bad deal for $200 but do not expect a “real arcade game” but still fun i would say if i had to do over again and it was del for 205 i would prob go for it.

to the folks thinking of converting this to a mame, forget about it…you will be wasting your time…much easier just to convert a regular cabinet.

Pacman was made by Namco, I guess Midway didn’t want to re-distribute something that would really make these sell.

Maybe it’ll be hackable and you can play whatever you want on it?

Too bad they don’t have the best Midway arcade game:

NFL Blitz!!!

Would this be a suitable case for a MAME cabinet? Do you think the monitor would have decipherable (or better yet, standard) pinouts?

Actually, I rather preferred Tron in a bally game, or gorf. wizards of wor is ok.

http://shop.ccarcades.com/product.sc?productId=1&categoryId=1

Here is a similar item (though it looks a little better constructed) at a pricey 1,500.
If you want to fiddle around gutting the $200 one maybe you should. But with only 14 inch monitor- maybe hobbyists would be better suited building something on their own.

Walmart.com had this midway one up for clearance (not sold online) at $270

Tempting, but I wouldn’t be able to justify it to the wife. :smiley:

same thing here…except i didnt build mine…bought a mame machine online from a company which will remain nameless (they are slow as hell, screwed up my customizations and just plain sucked) and had it shipped turnkey to my door. Nice machine but the company sucked.

WHAT A POC!! Except for defender and MAYBE Joust, NOBODY ever played ANY of these games when they were in the arcade, so why would we want to play them now. Where is Pac-Man, Gallaga, Centipide, Asteroids, 1942, dig dug, missile command? Come on, did some 24 year old marketing dork at w00t find this and think it was “retro”?

F-A-I-L

So this IS a JAMMA Cabinet???

If so… you can put all sorts of great boards in it…

Do want. Yes, I could probably buy a barebones PC, make some modifications to it, slap on MAME and build the cabinet to go behind it for only a little more money, but you know what? That takes work. This is just awesome. I wish I had the $200 and someplace to put it.

just started college so this is out of the question but it seems fun, I’d just play joust and rampage though…

but definitely if i had an extra $200 then maybe…

I was seriously considering buying this until you said that.

I have tried some cloned games before, and while fun, the software just doesn’t work like the original.

no this isnt a jamma cab…the games are on a cartridge which loads on the front of the machine (atleast thats how it is on the “full size” one that i have).

Midway and Williams merged in 1988. They also are one of the owners of the Atari name, since 1996. (And although Pac-Man was developed by Namco, it was distributed in the US by Midway.)

A mobo or laptop with the appropriate video out would suffice:

• Accessible AV jacks allow you to plug in and play any of your other home video game systems

“NOBODY” played Robotron??? You must be blind.

****This was offered at Walmart for about $260 BUT it doesn’t look like a good buy for an adult. Be good for an adolescent…maybe.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5161727