Mint 4200 Hard Floor Cleaner

I don’t get it. Perhaps if I was not capable of standing or walking and therefore could not push around a swiffer device myself, this thing would be useful. I think that the popularity of these “labor saving” devices is due to the general laziness and sedentary inclination of a culture that has resulted in morbid obesity becoming the new norm.

This device would push around the cat litter that has been flicked all over by your cat, and probably scratch the laminate as it was pushing around the cat litter (if the cat litter was hard enough and the surface of your laminate was “soft”]. A broom or vacuum is a great device to use to handle cat litter.

I like having something that gets under my couch and table, but mainly I just like robots.

I have a Scooba 390, the latest model and it does a great job on my tile. I use a Roomba 770, again a newer model with very nice upgrades, better technology resulting in much better clean with less maintenance, every day which gets all the stuff at the corners and baseboards. Then Scooba. I haven’t done it myself in a long time. I have hardwood floors in the rest of the house and Scooba uses water, a no-no for wood, so the Mint Plus which rewets the microfiber pad just ever so slightly just like I would on my hardwood floor mop. Although this is a great price on the original Mint, I would shell out for the Plus. The mint is quiet, the Roomba not so much, but the new ones are much better. The Scooba is a little loud too, but the reason I have them is so I don’t have to do it. I run them while I’m gone or outside enjoying the weather or anything else but cleaning. They all get under furniture, something I couldn’t do unless I moved stuff. BTW, I have two cats, a dog, and kids.

I kinda want to get one of these just to entertain my cat so she is not constantly bothering me at night. Anyone know how the mint would handle being batted around by a cat? Will it start to fight back?

would this work for my super shedding german shepherd dog hair all over the floors? I currently just use 3 to 4 dry swiffers myself. but I would get this as long as it actually picks up the hair

I bought my cleaning robots as presents to myself. Call me lazy, but I would much rather be painting pictures, working outside in my garden, or enjoying nature while walking my dog–oh, and relaxing with a good book!

I just got mine few month ago. My wife loves it (she thinks its cool) but there are few issues I noticed. You will still have to clean your floor. This is something extra to help you lessen the cleaning.
If your refrigerator or your couch is slightly higher then the Mint, the mint will get stuck there and spin the wheels till battery runs out.

I bought this the last time it was on Woot! and I have no regrets. With 5 Pug dogs I need a super hair cleaner and this does the job. The Mint scurries around my kitchen/dining area very quietly and when finished signals me to change the cleaning pad and recharge. I’m not too lazy to sweep, mop, vacuum, etc. and I do all that, but I really like gadgets and my cleaning gadgets give me more time to work outside in my garden or write useless posts on Woot! HoHo

In for one. It always looks like it snowed under several pieces of furniture in my home. So even if this thing doesn’t work all that great, it will be an improvement over the current conditions. What can I say…I hate to clean!

Wait, are you saying you are willing to clean my floor for 2¢ - That is the best woot yet!

It’s not perfect but it does the job. I actually wanted a roomba but wasn’t sure about the whole robotic floor cleaner. So I thought why not spend $150 instead of $450, to see how it goes. I love it. Just slap on a swiffer pad and let it go. I do it daily due to having two labs. I have no dust bunny lyings around like I used to!

Roomba (retired) and now a Neato owner. I’ll patiently wait for the Mint 5200.

I love the hardwood floors that extend throughout my home – all top nailed solid oak, random planks. I use an industrial style dust mop – like the kind you see used to clean the floors of basketball courts – and it takes me a couple of minutes to get it all done. But I should probably do it more often.

I got my Mint yesterday and I love it. We have hardwood floors through the whole house, so carpet isn’t an issue. We just set the mint down and let it go free. it does a really good job of sweeping, it surprised me a little with how well it did. Lots of stuff picked up by the cloth. After sweeping yesterday, I had it mop today. I HATE mopping, and with a small kid and 2 dogs with all hardwood, we have to mop at least once a week. I fell in love with this thing after I saw it mop. I wasn’t expecting much because it’s light and can’t really scrub, but it got all but the most stubborn spots up. About the only place I had to go over was under my son’s highchair where he throws food and drinks. My house looks spotless now and we put no effort into it.

I am going to have the mint sweep daily and mop once per week. I will still have to do a deep clean about once every month or two, and pick up the dirt it can’t get around the edges, but it makes having 1800 sqft of hardwood enjoyable.

I received my Mint and was excited to set it up, but have had zero luck getting it to sync with the “wireless wall”. Has anyone else has this issue, or have any thoughts? It has a clear view to the ceiling and I’m starting it nearby (even right next to it once), but just no luck at all getting a connection.